• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianaBuckeye

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    I have been looking around for a good, tack driving, single shot rifle and a good black powder rifle..... then it occurred to me.... what about the break action Rossi combo rifles. You can get one rifle with both barrels. At a pretty good price too!
    Has anyone ever owned or used these combo rifles? Is it a good cartridge rifle and a bad black powder rifle, the opposite, or is it awesome at both?

It's always easier to justify to the wife one new gun instead of two :D

Thanks!

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I can only speak from the single shot scatterguns. Bought one of their "deer/turkey" combo 12gauges from Bradis. Looked great, paid near nothing for it. Nice wood, decent finish, etc. Came with a shorter 20" (I think) barrel, threaded for chokes, fibre optic rifle sights, scope mount rail, awesome for a single shotgunner like me. :D

After two Brenneke slugs with the cylinder bore choke, the scope mount (with red dot I added) literally tore the screws out of the threads. Okay, no harm, sort of thought that might happen (the screws looked cheap). Chucked the dismounted combo into the range bag. Used the rifle sights. Worked great, but slugs kept stringing upwards. Rear sight had come loose after 10 slugs. Locktited the screw and kept firing. End of day, had 20 slugs through it, superglued plastic rear sight with locktite on screw, torn looking threaded holes for scope mount and a scratch I put on the barrel from horsing around (rapid drills).

But, it did awesome at 75 yards with slugs and just the crude rifle sights. Offhand, put 5 slugs on a piece of typing paper, 1 slug every 5 seconds. If I had 5 slugs, 50 yards and a herd of deer, I would have alot of explaining to do to the DNR officer! :D

It was a decent gun, but the extraneous stuff on it was junk.

IndianaBuckeye

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    Hmmm.... I figured it wasn't going to be a Benelli. Sounds pretty solid.... with the exception to the scope mount screws.
    I agree with you...... it's hard to go wrong at the price you can pick one up for. :D

Top Bottom