• ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    np.

I know the King Tuk isn't the best holster out there. But for $50, it's hard to beat. And if you look at the pic of the back of it, you will notice that the cant is adjustable as well.

I'm a big guy and I never would have thought IWB would ever work for me. But like i said, i can carry a 1911 all day long with it.

And fwiw, I use the Comp-tac mag holders.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    np.

I know the King Tuk isn't the best holster out there. But for $50, it's hard to beat. And if you look at the pic of the back of it, you will notice that the cant is adjustable as well.

I'm a big guy and I never would have thought IWB would ever work for me. But like i said, i can carry a 1911 all day long with it.

And fwiw, I use the Comp-tac mag holders.

Do you think the Crossbreed SuperTuck would hold up just as well as Galco's IWB's?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Not too bad. Crossbreed also has one, I remember seeing it online for about 70 as well. How is Galco's warranty? Lifetime like Crossbreed's?

Thats a good question. Idk. They never really say "Warranty" in any of thier literature or on thier website. They say that they have a "satisfaction guarantee" and that they will repair or replace damaged holsters. But nowhere does it say "warranty".

I would assume its bc some states have funky laws about "warrantys" so they say "Guarantee" instead. Idk though.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Thats a good question. Idk. They never really say "Warranty" in any of thier literature or on thier website. They say that they have a "satisfaction guarantee" and that they will repair or replace damaged holsters. But nowhere does it say "warranty".

I would assume its bc some states have funky laws about "warrantys" so they say "Guarantee" instead. Idk though.

You could be right about this. I'm not huge into the legal jargon/lingo. Honestly though, I don't think many of these manufacturers products are junk. They all look quality, and they look like the have a great design. I've personally ONLY ever had experience with Crossbreeds, and it held up for the limited amount of time I had it. I think I may just go this route, or with the deal LPMan found for me :yesway:

EDIT: Well...yeah, I must acquire the gun first. ;)

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    My very first ccw gun [approx. 35 years ago] was a Colt Trooper MKIII with a six inch barrell in a nice shoulder holster. Looking back, it was a royal PITA. I've carried many others since then and the older I get the simpler I like it. Now days it's either a J-frame in the pocket or a Kahr on the hip, IWB or OWB.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    You could be right about this. I'm not huge into the legal jargon/lingo. Honestly though, I don't think many of these manufacturers products are junk. They all look quality, and they look like the have a great design. I've personally ONLY ever had experience with Crossbreeds, and it held up for the limited amount of time I had it. I think I may just go this route, or with the deal LPMan found for me :yesway:

EDIT: Well...yeah, I must acquire the gun first. ;)

I think youll be really satisfied with both the Sig and the Galco holster.

I honestly prefer leather to kydex but thats just me, and I have more than a few Galco leather holsters that i really enjoy carrying.

Goodluck again im sure you will be really happy with your choices! :rockwoot::yesway:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    EDC is Para P12 in the Crossbreed minituck I got for my Taurus PT709. It's kind of short, but a doublestack .45, so it's sure not what you'd think of concealing. I just can.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I usually carry a Kimber Stainless Pro Carry (Ist gen.) in a OWB leather Galco belt slide holster, but when I go IWB i carry the same gun in a Galco King Tuk (although I never tuck my shirt in over it).

Guy

dhitman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    No Problem

I carry a full sized 460 Rowland conversion every day in a Desantis Intruder. They work well for me.
    picture.php

Top Bottom