• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poweraddict

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    Greenfield
    Lately my Facebook account has been bombarded with Battlbox advertisements. If you are unfamiliar with what Battlbox is it's a monthly subscription box that has tactical and survival gear in it. While looking at the content listed of previous boxes via their website. I noticed they are listing the contents value at around twice their actual value. Granted I don't know all of the items values nor do I plan on taking the time to research every single item. My question is does anyone on here actually use this service and what are your thoughts on it?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My wife got it for me for Christmas. It is fun, if nothing else. Only got one box so far, so only time will tell. I am sure they are using MSRP at the very least, to pump up the relative value of the box.

I DID finally get the old-school can openers I've never got around to buying myself!

z96Cobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Southeast Indiana
    Just about all of the xyzboxes have people opening them on YouTube. After watching many of them, I haven't found one worth the $. If you like the surprise/unknown aspect of them and aren't worried about cost, they are fun to receive. I tried one for a 3 month subscription, but didn't feel like I was getting my $ worth.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    They are a novelty, even the most expensive level has cheap stuff in it, inflated to MSRP, it sounds like a good idea, but most stuff included can be purchased way cheaper with shipping, or on Amazon with a Prime account.

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    I almost bought this for my brother for Christmas, but through some research my findings were similar. Inflated prices, could find things cheaper individually on sale. Now the only good thing I can see about this is my mom refuses to buy us 'gun-loving kids' any type of gun gear for Christmas but was open to an idea of something like this. So in one of those situations where you aren't paying for it I think it would be both fun and useful.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    CURRIN1776 does great videos on the Battlbox series. He's been doing it since last year, one every month. Goes through each item, prices, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEGwHYjDQtKoWnZR3TWGwpw/videos

While some of them are neat... the values they give to a few of the items are way off. And the only way to really make it worth it is either of the two most expensive options... and that's just too much money to be putting on a subscription box every month.

poweraddict

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    Greenfield
    Just about all of the xyzboxes have people opening them on YouTube. After watching many of them, I haven't found one worth the $. If you like the surprise/unknown aspect of them and aren't worried about cost, they are fun to receive. I tried one for a 3 month subscription, but didn't feel like I was getting my $ worth.

I think the only one that I've found of any real value is the Nerd block Jr. Just for the simple fact that my five year old gets excited and feels important when she gets her own mail and just like any kid she likes surprises.

Last edited:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I think it would be cool if you like getting a surprise in the mail every month as a novelty. After watching a few of the videos I didn't see much in them I would have bought on its own merits. It seems like it would be cheaper/easier to figure out what stuff you actually want and just buy it without the grab bag surprise. I can see the draw of a "surprise" every month but $30+ is money better spent on stuff I actually want.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I couldn't get too pumped up on this... I felt like they just stole it from Iraqveteran8888. If I were to buy such a box I'd buy theirs.

I have almost bought one or two of the Iraqveteran cans and last minute did not... What Harmon says pretty much sums up my thoughts on it also.

I think it would be cool if you like getting a surprise in the mail every month as a novelty. After watching a few of the videos I didn't see much in them I would have bought on its own merits. It seems like it would be cheaper/easier to figure out what stuff you actually want and just buy it without the grab bag surprise. I can see the draw of a "surprise" every month but $30+ is money better spent on stuff I actually want.

Top Bottom