• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Doing a little research. I am in the market for a new pair of hunting binoculars, specifically something in the 10x42 range. I have not looked trough these, but would like input from someone who has or who owns them regarding clarity, fog proof, water proof, durability, etc.... The primary use will be hunting out west and I'd like to stay below $500. I am currently running 8x Steiner's.

Dirty Steve

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Hawke has a good reputation, but so does Steiner. One thing I remember about Steiner was that their coatings are attenuated toward red and brown which was made specifically for hunter identification of game.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    I have had three Hawke rifle scopes which were very nice and currently have a Hawke spotting scope. I have not had any optic or mechanical issues with any of these rifle scopes. I did have to return the spotting scope to have the focus knob tightened, but Hawke repaired it and I had it back in three days. The Hawke U.S sales/service center is in Fort Wayne, Indiana. That being said I would go with the Steiner.

Top Bottom