• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How do you carry at work if you are allowed.

• Total voters

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Looking through the company handbook (retail) we're also not supposed to defend ourselves, either. If somebody comes in and asks for the money, we give it away. There is no "tactical advantage", if are instructed to comply with all commands and offer NO RESISTANCE..

I asked my boss about it, and there's too much corporate liability. If BG robs you, then proceeds to rob you personally while assaulting you, you are supposed to comply and take your beating. Don't even think about reaching for the scissors on the counter to jab into anybody's leg or anything.. they could sue!! We don't have to worry about it, though, because the police can be there before the BG causes any harm or anything, right??

Well, I can say wrong on both accounts. Our alarm system had some sort of issue that took two technicians and a week or so to fix, and during this issue the alarm would randomly send silent fire and police alarms to the dispatch center. They started calling us to verify after a couple days, but the first few times we'd just be hanging out and all of a sudden we either had multiple fire trucks roll in full-bore or a half-dozen police officers all around the building. It "should" take about a minute for them to get to us, as I can throw a baseball to their respective buildings. On a couple of the occasions, though, the fire department was on another run and we became backlog, so it took a small volunteer township fire department to get to us, at about 20 minutes. If the same thing happened with the police, a robbery would have LONG been over..

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    I find it amazing on how many people don't carry at work for what ever reason. With all the crazy **** these days work is no sanctuary. I do understand if you are not allowed why you wouldn’t carry, but I would at least ask how your company is protecting you while you are disarmed. I would like to hear some of those responses.
    Keyfob door security and a camera system is what we have.

Concealed is concealed. When would the company have occasion or a right to search your vehicle? Not sure where you work but I would think a company searching your vehicle without probable cause would be a lot of trouble for them.

Just curious.

I may or may not leave certain tools in my vehicle in a secure lockbox. Of course the official answer is "I have no such weapon in my vehicle" and would vehemently deny any sort of search. Though that would constitute my verbal resignation should it ever happen, which is the stupidest effing thing ever.

Badbjd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Winamac, IN
    Don't know boss's policy for sure, carry concealed. I was working a side job for him and he saw it after I took off my uniform shirt. He acted like he was a big deal at first by saying: "What do you need that in my nieghborhood for?!" My answer was: "you only get murdered once." he shook his head and smiled.

Top Bottom