• ...and so much more!
  • Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Identifier

I always duct tape a complete copy of the U.S. Constitution to my chest when I open carry. That eliminates the need to explain although due to the first amendment they have every right to express their opinion too.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Thanks Security122, I am realizing that..

Also finding out how thick skinned a poster has to be to hang out here…

The reason I brought it up was the other night at dinner with my GF I was asked by the server if I was a cop. So I asked some people I know why they always assume if they see a gun that it’s a cop and not just someone exercising their rights..

Soooo sorry to have brought it up..

Whomever has the power to delete this thread please do..
    Don't be sorry to have posted this. Don't let the ribbing discourage you from posting here. Just people joking around, that's all. Anything that remotely has anything to do with OC vs CC will result in a bunch of BS, and not necessarily serious BS.:ingo:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I guess I need to find better search parameters, I looked for this subject but used LTCH so my mistake for bringing up something that had been beat to death..

I mentioned that I would get slapped around asking the question. I guess you can just delete the thread..

Don't take it too personally. The search function ain't the best and some people forget that there's a larger world out there that hasn't had the privilege of participating in every INGO thread ever created.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Don't take it too personally. The search function ain't the best and some people forget that there's a larger world out there that hasn't had the privilege of participating in every INGO thread ever created.

Indeed...if you use Google, you'll get much more accurate results.:yesway:

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    The short answer is no, you wouldn't be impersonating an officer as security guards do this all the time. Presenting yourself as an officer then displaying the badge just adds to the totality of the circumstances. They make these already. Here's an example but there are many others.

THE_BADGE-184x246.jpg

My 2cents...Though you may not be impersonating an officer, with this badge you will be impersonating a douche bag.

Prolly if you're carrying that badge, you don't have to "impersonate" a DB. :)

ETA: Dang, scooped!!!

I do not think you would be impersonating a DB, you would be a DB...

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I just look for the guy OCing his rifle downtown Indy on the Circle, good enough identifier for me

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I honestly did not know there were these "carry badges" and I agree it would make a person look like a DB or like a wannabe..

I had an interesting conversation with a LEO this evening, he was taking a break sitting in a local grocery store parking lot when I went to grab some goodies and I stopped to ask him his opinion.

I asked him about open carry, he said never open carry. He also stated that if I carried concealed or open and someone called 911 that he said normally the responding officer would warn me the first time and that the second occurance they would take my weapon. I didn't argue, just said thanks, have a safe evening and walked off.

I find it funny that the whole time we were talking he was trying to figure out if I was carrying..

I don't take anything personal anymore, except a threat to me and mine....

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008

The reason I brought it up was the other night at dinner with my GF I was asked by the server if I was a cop. So I asked some people I know why they always assume if they see a gun that it’s a cop and not just someone exercising their rights..

Soooo sorry to have brought it up..

Whomever has the power to delete this thread please do..

Don't feel bad... stick around.

Here are a few other things that'll get you slapped:

• Mentioning "tactical advantage" in the "Where did you OC today" thread.
    • Shopping at Dons or Pop Guns (which, by the way, sells a CC badge).
    • Asking "which is better, Glock or _________".
    • Telling people they wasted their votes on a Libertarian.
    • Telling people they wasted their votes on a Republican.
    • Voting Democrat.
    • Saying handgun "permit".
    • Complaining about spelling.
    • Complaining about those who complain about spelling.
    That's about it, I think. :welcome: to :ingo:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I honestly did not know there were these "carry badges" and I agree it would make a person look like a DB or like a wannabe..

I had an interesting conversation with a LEO this evening, he was taking a break sitting in a local grocery store parking lot when I went to grab some goodies and I stopped to ask him his opinion.

I asked him about open carry, he said never open carry. He also stated that if I carried concealed or open and someone called 911 that he said normally the responding officer would warn me the first time and that the second occurance they would take my weapon. I didn't argue, just said thanks, have a safe evening and walked off.

I find it funny that the whole time we were talking he was trying to figure out if I was carrying..

I don't take anything personal anymore, except a threat to me and mine....

A reason for the OC walk in Indy on Black Friday, cops need to quit making up the law

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I asked him about open carry, he said never open carry. He also stated that if I carried concealed or open and someone called 911 that he said normally the responding officer would warn me the first time and that the second occurance they would take my weapon.

:facepalm: How can one be so dangerously misinformed about their own job?

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N

The reason I brought it up was the other night at dinner with my GF I was asked by the server if I was a cop..

Olive Garden?

hbarnett1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Does anyone know where I can get some plastic handcuffs to wear next to my badge!!!!!I want to look like an official D B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom