• ...and so much more!
  • Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Question / Answer:

I asked various people I know who do not carry about their reaction when seeing plain clothed LEO’s who openly carry and asked what was the difference between seeing them and John Q Public whom they see open carrying and asked what is the difference.

The common answer between all of them is that “most cops have their badge clipped to their belt right next to their gun."

So I ask the question..

What if those of us who are legally allowed to carry were to have an identifier to signify that we have a LTCH permit?

What I was envisioning was an ID holder that would clip on your belt which would safely hold your LTCH permit and your ID that might have a polished metallic “LTCH” on the front to it?

Would LEO’s consider this impersonating and officer?

Even though it is nothing like a badge but merely the letters LTCH.

Honestly I am figuring I will get slapped around about this but I was just curious..

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This should go well.

66x79v.gif

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    The short answer is no, you wouldn't be impersonating an officer as security guards do this all the time. Presenting yourself as an officer then displaying the badge just adds to the totality of the circumstances. They make these already. Here's an example but there are many others.

THE_BADGE-184x246.jpg

My 2cents...Though you may not be impersonating an officer, with this badge you will be impersonating a douche bag.

TheGunDen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Shelbyville IN
    They make holsters that carry your license in front of your gun that I feel would serve as open carry ID. I open carry everyday and people dont seem to mind.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Sorry for asking..

I guess I need to find better search parameters, I looked for this subject but used LTCH so my mistake for bringing up something that had been beat to death..

I mentioned that I would get slapped around asking the question. I guess you can just delete the thread..

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have a black hat, with large gold LTCH across the front, as well as a black nylon jacket with large gold LTCH on the back. It is only when I'm wearing both, along with my black tactical pants, and tactical boots, that I'm comfortable enough to wear my LTCH badge in plain sight. But, and it's a big BUT, I wear it all with great pride.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    I guess I need to find better search parameters, I looked for this subject but used LTCH so my mistake for bringing up something that had been beat to death..

I mentioned that I would get slapped around asking the question. I guess you can just delete the thread..

Hey- welcome aboard. Don't let the thread results get you down. So you proposed a idea that's been talked about and most find hilarious. (I gotta rep
    vitamink)

I hope you stick around and keep posting. It's just the Internet- I've asked plenty of dumb questions in person!

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008

Don't let it get to you. Once you get through the hazing phase you will be part of the club. Until then practice your search-fu and put this marshmellow between your cheeks:D

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    *late slap* :D

I asked various people I know who do not carry about their reaction

People who have no idea because they likely don't understand and/or have never really even thought about it will make for a poor polling audience.

What they may think would comfort them just doesn't end up making any real sense at all.

Keep posting though. :yesway:

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Thanks Security122, I am realizing that..

Also finding out how thick skinned a poster has to be to hang out here…

The reason I brought it up was the other night at dinner with my GF I was asked by the server if I was a cop. So I asked some people I know why they always assume if they see a gun that it’s a cop and not just someone exercising their rights..

Soooo sorry to have brought it up..

Whomever has the power to delete this thread please do..

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Thanks Security122, I am realizing that..

Also finding out how thick skinned a poster has to be to hang out here…

The reason I brought it up was the other night at dinner with my GF I was asked by the server if I was a cop. So I asked some people I know why they always assume if they see a gun that it’s a cop and not just someone exercising their rights..

Soooo sorry to have brought it up..

Whomever has the power to delete this thread please do..

No reason to feel beat-up over it. I don't think anyone was giving you a hard time. Personally, I'd say you got your answer, although perhaps not the one you were seeking.

For future reference, Google indexes us constantly. Their search engine beats the pants off of ours. Just include site:ingunowners.com in any query to narrow it down to just INGO.

Top Bottom