• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    I was out shooting earlier with my nephew Phil, my great niece Karlee and her friend Alyssa. We were having a good time teaching Alyssa to shoot (her first time) and burning up some 22lr with my Ruger MKII and Karlee's 10/22. We switched over to the 380's, 9, & 45acp handguns for a bit. Then I got out the Mini-14, I shot 20rds, Karlee shot 20 and Alyssa shot 20rds (she giggled through most of the magazine). Next came my nephew, shoots 5 rds and... BUMMER... snapped the extractor. It didn't really surprise me, the rifle is 30 years old and has fired thousands of flawless rounds. So Monday I get to call Ruger and place an order for a new extractor. Other than being windy as all getout and a broken extractor, it was an awesome day.

Sorry no pics.

Maybe this really belongs in the General area.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    That is a bummer. Broke guns suck. They are mechanical though, and do it get worn. Main thing is, NO ONE WAS INJURED. Maybe just your pride.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    100   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    30 years old with thousands of rounds is a pretty good track record. Good to hear nobody was hurt on the otherwise good family fun outing.

Top Bottom