• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • malachi_s

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    North Central Indian
    I received this today, I'm sure more will be made available but it's important that we continue to send a positive message. I think there could be a more articulate way to get this message out without the lowball appeal to capitalize on a tragedy though. I for one will sign the petition.

We ask President Obama to stand with law abiding gun owners in this time of tragedy. Guns laws could not have prevented Adam Lanza from killing 27 innocents. The real question is what made this disturbed young man into a murderer of children. Where is the outrage at the violent video games he played? A piece of plastic and steel doesn’t have a will Mr. President. Evil is not law abiding, and Adam Lanza stole those guns after failing to buy one legally. it is America’s law abiding gun owners who would have died with Victoria Soto and Dawn Hochsprung defending the children with only our bodies on December 14th, because it was already illegal to bring a gun into that school. Please don’t pander to the politics Mr. President. A feeding frenzy of new gun legislation is not the answer.

We ask President Obama to support law abiding gun owners in this time of tragedy.

http://wh.gov/RLsR

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I received this today, I'm sure more will be made available but it's important that we continue to send a positive message. I think there could be a more articulate way to get this message out without the lowball appeal to capitalize on a tragedy though. I for one will sign the petition.

We ask President Obama to stand with law abiding gun owners in this time of tragedy. Guns laws could not have prevented Adam Lanza from killing 27 innocents. The real question is what made this disturbed young man into a murderer of children. Where is the outrage at the violent video games he played? A piece of plastic and steel doesn’t have a will Mr. President. Evil is not law abiding, and Adam Lanza stole those guns after failing to buy one legally. it is America’s law abiding gun owners who would have died with Victoria Soto and Dawn Hochsprung defending the children with only our bodies on December 14th, because it was already illegal to bring a gun into that school. Please don’t pander to the politics Mr. President. A feeding frenzy of new gun legislation is not the answer.

We ask President Obama to support law abiding gun owners in this time of tragedy.

http://wh.gov/RLsR
    My son and I was watching 60 minutes, last night between football games, and they were interviewed the school Nurse, Sally Cox she said they hid under their desks, and he came in the office, waited for a few seconds, and left. IF either one of them, HAD A GUN, they COULD have shot him in the ankles, or lower leg, and would he have pulled himself, through the school, killing 27 innocents ?????

Last edited:

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    One of my favorite games growing up was Grand Theft Auto. I have never once been tempted to steal a car, crash it into as many things as possible while running over old people on my way to a hooker only to kill her to get my money back.....just sayin

Mrkeller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Greensburg
    I'm not trying to attack you in this and I understand what you are fighting for. But video games are not to blame. If you kill or harm someone "because" of a video game, then you are mentally ill.

MTubbs1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Ive been playing violent games for 10+ years. Many of those on a pro level. (mlgpro.com) How do thousands a young people play violent games in the same room and make it out alive?

malachi_s

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    North Central Indian
    I don't feel attacked by anyone. The point the author was trying to make is that it isn't necessarily the gun that causes all these terrible acts, it is the people that are "crazy", "nuts", or __________ (insert adjective here).

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    Lost any and all credibility at the video games line. Not only is it childish fingerpointing, but it's no better than what the anti's are doing to us now.

I had to write a research paper on the effects of violent video games and got nothing. Violent video games are played on such a vast scale that it would be the equivalent of saying "the shooter regularly brushed his teeth" or "enjoyed candy".

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    One of my favorite games growing up was Grand Theft Auto. I have never once been tempted to steal a car, crash it into as many things as possible while running over old people on my way to a hooker only to kill her to get my money back.....just sayin

I have been tempted to walk into a police station and beat the cops to death with a purple dildo, though.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    It's difficult to tell if people are just being sarcastic or just missing the point. The only dog I have in this fight is my 2nd but just to fan the flames.

Negative Effects of Violent Video Games May Build Over Time

No. Just no.

Feel free to link to the actual study if you like, but given that the article links to the university's homepage I'm willing to assume that this is the usual brand of hypersensationalized psychology "reporting." Whenever a study returns a result that shows any correlation between two newsworthy elements (such as video games and violence) the media leaps onto it and suddenly any correlation turns into a "proven link" at least. Then people repost the article, stripped of any data at all, on forums and facebook for the next ten years. Heck, we still have loony-toons refusing to immunize their children because of a single discredited fraudulent study that The Lancet, the publishing journal, has retracted.

Or perhaps this is the single exception. But I doubt it. Come back when you have a body of research that does substantially support the claim.

futurefrogman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 3, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think this makes a great point. For everyone who is getting bent out of shape over the video games comment, I think that the point that is trying to be made is that video games could have had just as much of an indirect impact on the death of those kids as the guns he used did.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

San Andreas did tempt me to grow dreads and ride a bicycle everywhere. The last one tempts me to meet up with a friend for a few drinks and a few games of darts. Its out of control with the evil influences.

malachi_s

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    North Central Indian
    No. Just no.

Feel free to link to the actual study if you like, but given that the article links to the university's homepage I'm willing to assume that this is the usual brand of hypersensationalized psychology "reporting." Whenever a study returns a result that shows any correlation between two newsworthy elements (such as video games and violence) the media leaps onto it and suddenly any correlation turns into a "proven link" at least. Then people repost the article, stripped of any data at all, on forums and facebook for the next ten years. Heck, we still have loony-toons refusing to immunize their children because of a single discredited fraudulent study that The Lancet, the publishing journal, has retracted.

Or perhaps this is the single exception. But I doubt it. Come back when you have a body of research that does substantially support the claim.

As much as I appreciate your invitation to "Come back when you have a body of research that does substantially support the claim." I regretfully decline. I don't need your permission to post a link on this forum, are you an "anti freedom of speecher"? I posted this article not to sell you or anyone else on the idea that video games makes people run out and shoot up a school or a movie theatre or a sikh temple or a mall or anywhere else they do that sort of thing. I believe in my right to the 2nd and I will sign any petition going to Washington that supports my right. I quoted a email that was sent to me from GunsAmerica, and because the author makes a poor analogy to make his point his intention was one that I agree upon, preserve my 2nd Amendment right. "but given that the article links to the university's homepage", better check that again, the Home page is on the left of the navigational menu, look for the word spelled HOME", this was from an article in the news section and to be honest, I don't care if it is true or not, other people think it holds some educational value. Again, if you think this post was a about video games, I hope your not writing any speeches in favor of the NRA, you are the anti's best weapon. Irrational, unable to comprehend the written language and easily angered over issues you confuse as the truth.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom