• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Tell her that not only did you marry her, but she married you as well.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    well she dosent want guns in the house and no motorcycles. I thing I screwed up. only 9 weeks into the marrage

Well, you can get an annulment. Sounds like some huge deal breakers for me. Granted, i usually make sure that they know when i was dating that firearms are a HUGE part of my life. Sorry, you can always try to work through it, or cut bait and run

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Have you taken her shooting? That cures most of the Girl Gun Haters club I've ever known. My problem with my wife is getting her to put mine down long enough to give me some time with it. :p

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Sorry man. Sounds like she feels that you are chained now and she can turn into Godzilla without consequences. Somehow I doubt guns and motorcycles will be the end of her controlling behaviors. Good luck.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    She can't change you and expect you to live your life that way. Sorry, but if things don't change now it'll only get worse. I say cut your losses and get the annulment.

zenbruno

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    I married a woman who knew my passion for guns but now she dosent want me to have any. WTFDIDO

That'd be a deal breaker for me… sorry to say that. But yeah, there should've been a thorough understanding about things like this. Good luck.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Do this before its to late ...............

http://
    rrwr.png

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    No guns, no motorcycles?

You need to get this straightened out right now or you will always have problems, and it will only be worse once you have kids. Divorce with kids sucks. I wouldn't stand for a controlling woman like that. No way. Life's too short. You will always be miserable, because it will always be something.

It's so bad, the Bible says it twice!

It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife. Prov. 21:9

It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife. Prov. 25:24

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Sorry man. Sounds like she feels that you are chained now and she can turn into Godzilla without consequences. Somehow I doubt guns and motorcycles will be the end of her controlling behaviors. Good luck.

^^This^^

Since you asked, here's my suggestion: BE THE MAN. Just flat out tell her she isn't going to bully you into giving them up. If you think it's worth it, you might add something along the lines that you don't appreciate the disrespect, marriage is a compromise, decisions should be made after consideration of both parties' concerns, etc. and so forth.

Then walk away (from her, by going into another room; I do not mean leave the relationship!). She's testing you now. You screw the pooch on this one and you'll think this fracas is a walk in the park.

You'll know what you need to do based on her response. Anything less than, "You're right. I don't know what came over me. But I'm just not comfortable with the firearms in the house" and you should seriously seek legal counsel (and a new temporary home for those firearms).

mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    Did you date before you got married? Sounds like you didn't do YOUR job before proposing, so it is your fault. You picked the wrong woman, did you ask her how SHE felt about guns beforehand? Don't blame her for the lack of discussion and pre-marital counseling.

This is a political discussion?

dman65

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    her dad commited suicide, shot him self in the head. So I understand her misguided hate tward guns but I cant live with that. I am sorry for her but I will not lay down on this issue. if that meens I let her go than so be it.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Wait....don't give up on love!!! My Dad always said, "Son, sometimes you have to keep the peace so you can get a piece!"

Just give the guns to me and you can live happily ever after.

dman65

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    how about this

she was pissed that I mad a purchase of 300.00 without asking her. I make 85K plus and she makes 28K WTF? I need to ask her if I can spend my money?

Top Bottom