Okay! Who ordered the fog with a side of fog?!?!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    It is bad up here in the north. I just got back from getting my fiance out of the median on 65. Her car spun out on the ice this morning. Ugh.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I ordered the Baconator with a side of bacon.

I thought I smelled bacon rolling in with the London fog.....so you see...I am NOT complaining of the wonderful smelling fog!

Oh wait, thats just the hog farm from the next county road over....

note to self: don't foget to load up for the coyotes....

:popcorn:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I don't know about the fog, but I tell you what.... The temperature is lovely!!!

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    It was really foggy for most of the day on the hilltop here in Madison. Nice weather though, I did a little shooting with the M1903 and then spent the night outside by the river with some friends. Being able to be outside without freezing is very nice. Too bad this little Indian Summer is going to end and give way to January. Blah.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Mmm.. fog...

Friday, Lars & I drove up to Wisconsin to visit the 'rents (which turned out to be a very awesome weekend, by the way, despite its rather craptacular beginning...)

So, Friday, Lars picked me up from work at 3:30. In the murky fogginess that was 465, we drove to McAllister's for lunch before starting our trek northward.

Usually, we drive up 65 to 80 or 94 (whichever has less construction on it that day), but Lars had heard that the Indiana Tollway was closed due to ice, so rather than chance the icy highways through downtown Chicago, we took 74 out to Bloomington, IL, then turned north.

F. O. G.

All the way.

We couldn't see more than 50 feet in ANY direction for the entire seven hour trip.

When we turned on to 43 at Rockford, we called my MIL to let her know we were maybe an hour and a half out at the pace we were going. She wanted to know "if the weather was holding" for us. I told her that if by holding she meant that we still couldn't see beyond the edge of our car, then yep, it was holding just fine. :D Then she assured us that there was no fog at their house. What she meant was there was no fog IN their house. :):

You haven't lived until you've spent seven hours trapped in a car with an end to the road in sight, yet never actually reaching that wall of white that appears in front of you. :D

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Mmm.. fog...

Friday, Lars & I drove up to Wisconsin to visit the 'rents (which turned out to be a very awesome weekend, by the way, despite its rather craptacular beginning...)

So, Friday, Lars picked me up from work at 3:30. In the murky fogginess that was 465, we drove to McAllister's for lunch before starting our trek northward.

Usually, we drive up 65 to 80 or 94 (whichever has less construction on it that day), but Lars had heard that the Indiana Tollway was closed due to ice, so rather than chance the icy highways through downtown Chicago, we took 74 out to Bloomington, IL, then turned north.

F. O. G.

All the way.

We couldn't see more than 50 feet in ANY direction for the entire seven hour trip.

When we turned on to 43 at Rockford, we called my MIL to let her know we were maybe an hour and a half out at the pace we were going. She wanted to know "if the weather was holding" for us. I told her that if by holding she meant that we still couldn't see beyond the edge of our car, then yep, it was holding just fine. :D Then she assured us that there was no fog at their house. What she meant was there was no fog IN their house. :):

You haven't lived until you've spent seven hours trapped in a car with an end to the road in sight, yet never actually reaching that wall of white that appears in front of you. :D

Made that drive many times from Rushville. I lived in Janesville for 5 years.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    lol glad you guys had a safe trip. :yesway:

Mmm.. fog...

F. O. G.

All the way.

Top Bottom