• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    When they ask about the price on a ruger p95, do you tell them "ima need about tree fiddy"

81032-nb-raceland-coilovers-nb-top-hats-low-mileage-sp_tree_fiddy-jpg

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    While back I was at H&H Firearms (now Freedom Firearms) in Fort Wayne. An African American guy walks in and goes directly to the counter. Guy behind the counter asked if he wanted to look at anything or had any questions. Guy says yes I have a question, "do you run a background check on every sale because I shot a guy with the last Hipoint I bought and didn't know if I would pass again." Guy behind the counter just said they they have to call every salein and didn't know if he would pass or not.

Archer1122

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Some kid and lady came in the other day and I heard em ask for " a 3and a half inch 12 gauge savage short" ...if 3and a half is short I'd hate to see a long!!

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    While back I was at H&H Firearms (now Freedom Firearms) in Fort Wayne. An African American guy walks in and goes directly to the counter. Guy behind the counter asked if he wanted to look at anything or had any questions. Guy says yes I have a question, "do you run a background check on every sale because I shot a guy with the last Hipoint I bought and didn't know if I would pass again." Guy behind the counter just said they they have to call every salein and didn't know if he would pass or not.

:n00b:

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Some kid and lady came in the other day and I heard em ask for " a 3and a half inch 12 gauge savage short" ...if 3and a half is short I'd hate to see a long!!

Do you work at the Gander Mountain in Fort Wayne? I heard a similar conversation there last night. Only caught a bit but you could say they were....mis-informed...

ASD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Southside
    Tonight at gander I was browsing just to see if anything caught my eye and one of the salesmen was standing in front of the case full of kimber 1911s and he yelled out to another salesman. "Hey do you know where the 1911's are?"

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Tonight at gander I was browsing just to see if anything caught my eye and one of the salesmen was standing in front of the case full of kimber 1911s and he yelled out to another salesman. "Hey do you know where the 1911's are?"
    There quite possibly welled a tear in the corner of my eye.

Sooo. Sad.

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    I was in Gander mountain in Terre Haute, the sprint car races had rained out at the fairgrounds. I walked up to the gun counter, and a woman waved a pistol in my face. I told her to point it at the wall. I told the butt wipe behind the counter I didn't like that. He said no big deal ,"I know it wasn't loaded". I said ,"I didn't", and walked right out the door.

rubicon_joey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    I bought a Browning Cynergy over the phone from a dealer in another state and had it shipped to a LGS. They acted like they didn't want to do the transfer when I called but eventually agreed. Several days later my tracking# showed the gun had arrived. I couldn't make it there that day so I made plans for the next day. So the following day I stroll into the shop and ask about my gun. He then ask if they had called to let me know it was in because they haven't gotten any guns in. I immediately started to begin to wonder if they had lost my gun or a number of things. I had just dropped more money on this gun than any thing I have in my life (young college student at the time) and as you could imagine I was in full panic mode. I eventually managed to convince him that the tracking showed it was delivered and signed for by him personally and he checked for it. Luckily it was there. However this is where the real bs starts. Part of the deal with buying the cynergy new included some extras ( case, soft case, range bag, rebate). To get all that I had to mail in a copy of my 4473. When I asked for a copy he immediately stated he couldn't do that and mumbled some bs about being illegal to copy it. I then showed him the rebate offer that said I would need a copy of the form. He then told me I would need to get it from the dealer I bought the gun from, whom doesn't even have a copy of it! He even went on to explain how browning was so "funny" about these things and that I would be lucky to see anything from them. After nearly listing my cool and punching the guy in the face he finally made me a copy and I went on my way and swore I would not be back to this jack a$$ any time.

The same store also had a used Dillon RL 550 for sale on commission for the longest time for nearly double new price. About a year after the 4473 fiasco, I saw a used press just like it on CL for about 1/4 off what the clown at the LGS was asking. I called the guy on CL with the press, set up a meet and then went directly to the bank. Turns out it was the same press and the guy had finally got tired of waiting for it to sale and decided to list it himself. He told me that he had actually only wanted about $50 less than what I paid him and that the LGS clown had marked it up nearly 4 times that. I told him about my not so present dealings with the LGS and he swore off the LGS and said he would tell all his buddies he shot IDPA with.

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Just remembered another one, " Yall got any sawed off shotgun shells?" Sometimes I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Take a dremel to a handful of fired hulls and see what he'll pay for the severed brass portion? :):

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Sure I'll take a check.
    Make it out to; Chamber All Shorts Hacksawed. Just use the initials...

Well now I want to open a gun shop.

Time to read the rest of the thread to remind myself why that's a terrible idea.

Top Bottom