• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    A neighbor described her as a "country girl". It'd be the first time I've ever heard of a country girl being afraid of bambi. She was quoted saying "I killed it, I'm glad I killed it and I'd do it again". . . . . . . . . .Send her to the big house! Personally I'd rather see a human lying along the side of the road dead or anywhere for that matter. The human race has options, the animals are just being animals. No I'm not Greenpeace, PETA or any other of those nazis but much prefer the company of my dogs and other animals to most of the people I meet!!!

ramick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Huntington
    If people reacted like this every time I kill a "cute" animal I.E. raccon, opossum, groundhog or squirrel AKA tree rats. I would have been sent to the electric chair. People need to realize these animals are pests and need to be delt with. Deer included.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    If people reacted like this every time I kill a "cute" animal I.E. raccon, opossum, groundhog or squirrel AKA tree rats. I would have been sent to the electric chair. People need to realize these animals are pests and need to be delt with.

If you found a fawn hiding under a bush in your yard you would beat it to death over the head with a shovel? Nice. Either move it to another location, call an animal rescue organization, or, if you must, kill it swiftly.

ramick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Huntington
    If you found a fawn hiding under a bush in your yard you would beat it to death over the head with a shovel? Nice. Either move it to another location, call an animal rescue organization, or, if you must, kill it swiftly.

I most likley would not kill a fawn with a shovel but I have killed a groundhog with a shovel. That being said if I had a gun with me I would have used it. If you have ever had a pet killed by a rodent or your workshop tore up by one then I doubt you would be so forgiving to pests.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Having said what I did about a preference for animals vs people, pests of any type should be disposed of! I've had to off a few because as you state above they can cost damage numbering in the thousands of dollars. The in-laws have a camper they use once a year, unfortunately since the last time they used it it had become command central for a pack of around 10 racoons. Completely destroyed the inside of the camper to the point they had to replace rather than repair. It all falls back to the specific situation, you can't judge ALL animals or people based on the action of a few!

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.

Reps for common sense, but you're not going to get through to some of these.......... "nice folks". :rolleyes:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom