• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I got a shoulder holster for Christmas. I'm curious to try it out.

Maybe that AND my hip holster with a 2nd gun.

COULD BE FUN.

Let me know when you plan to OC on both at a local restaurant, and I'll make plans to attend your funeral.

3nc3m53oc5O45Q15P6b5edb0bc5a516321cc6.jpg

oldad

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    yea that doesn't seem right they cant do that to you they have to have a reason for taking your gun

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    yea that doesn't seem right they cant do that to you they have to have a reason for taking your gun

Encountering an armed moron is a good reason.

This isn't to state that the OP is a moron, but merely state that LE perceived him to be such, simply because he was OCing.

Nick4562

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    he may not of had his LTCH on him, but you legally do not have to. While it was more of a hassle, it did not have to be a bid deal until the ISP officer's made it so.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Encountering an armed moron is a good reason.

This isn't to state that the OP is a moron, but merely state that LE perceived him to be such, simply because he was OCing.

Encountering an armed moron is not a good reason. Encountering an armed person with no LTCH on them is good enough in my book to disarm while you verify. They can disarm for "officer safety," and in my opinion someone not having a LTCH could compromise officer safety, so I'm okay with them disarming while they verify. GP, I'm not saying anything against you, I've never met you so obviously I can't say that you were or weren't a threat and judging by your posts I'd say you weren't.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Encountering an armed moron is not a good reason. Encountering an armed person with no LTCH on them is good enough in my book to disarm while you verify. They can disarm for "officer safety," and in my opinion someone not having a LTCH could compromise officer safety, so I'm okay with them disarming while they verify. GP, I'm not saying anything against you, I've never met you so obviously I can't say that you were or weren't a threat and judging by your posts I'd say you weren't.

The inability to individually and safely possess or otherwise handle a firearm, isn't a good enough reason to disarm someone?

moron [ˈmɔːrɒn]
    n
    1. a foolish or stupid person
    2. (Psychology) a person having an intelligence quotient of between 50 and 70, able to work under supervision
    [from Greek mōros foolish]

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The inability to individually and safely possess or otherwise handle a firearm, isn't a good enough reason to disarm someone?

What are you suggesting they observed which could possibly be construed as lacking in ability or unsafe?

Simply carrying a visible handgun in a holster?

Wouldn't the officers have to admit they were morons by that logic, lacking the ability to safely handle a firearm or disarm anyone else?

That would be a funny conversation in court. :):

shadohman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne

I do not understand your comment, A licensed individual walks into a place of business with a holstered gun to purchase his lunch, where is the safety issue?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I do not understand your comment, A licensed individual walks into a place of business with a holstered gun to purchase his lunch, where is the safety issue?

Don't you understand? All gun owners have criminal intent.

It's amazing anyone makes it out of a gun show alive with all those instruments of death just lying around, killing them all.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    What are you suggesting they observed which could possibly be construed as lacking in ability or unsafe?

Simply carrying a visible handgun in a holster?

Wouldn't the officers have to admit they were morons by that logic, lacking the ability to safely handle a firearm or disarm anyone else?

That would be a funny conversation in court. :):

Nope on both. My statement was directed to disarming an armed moron.

Encountering an armed moron is not a good reason (to disarm him).......

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

It's amazing anyone makes it out of a gun show alive with all those instruments of death just lying around, killing them all.

All gun owners do not have criminal intent (though I understood your comment as sarcastic), but many gun owners are just plain ol' dumb when they carry.

In your case: You decided to OC, but not carry your LTCH in Indy(strike 1). You drove, but had a suspended license to drive.(strike 2).

OCing calls attention to yourself. Not having your LTCH subjected yourself to close scrutiny because your actions scream of being suspicious. Not having a valid BMV license was only icing on the cake for these cops to further bring you further under a microscope.

Flying under the radar is a good thing. The next time you decide to call attention to yourself, you may find yourself not being so lucky.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Nope on both. My statement was directed to disarming an armed moron.

OK, then no, encountering an armed moron that is not doing anything illegal is not justification to disarm them.

That was easy.

...Flying under the radar is a good thing...

A truism for most criminals but not for the law abiding, merely a personal preference.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    OK, then no, encountering an armed moron that is not doing anything illegal is not justification to disarm them.

That was easy.

However, a moron is likely to be an improper person.

shadohman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne

I have known enough LEOs over the years to know that the attitude of some of them matches Teds.

Ted obviously cares more about the quantity and not quality of his post. He can post so he does, but he is confused by OCers who do because they can.

I understand.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Show me the IQ code and articulate your suspicions, I'm a reasonable person and willing to be convinced. :popcorn:
    ETA: I can't seem to find any support for your assertion here: IC 35-47-1-7

Lets, again, define a moron.

moron [ˈmɔːrɒn]
    n
    a foolish or stupid person
    2. (Psychology) a person having an intelligence quotient of between 50 and 70, able to work under supervision
    [from Greek mōros foolish]
    That stated, does it not give rise to strongly suspect for the purpose of LE, and likely demonstrate for the purpose of a judicial hearing, that a reasonable belief can infer to the propensity of emotionally unstable conduct?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom