• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    Unless they are crotch to butt......you should have room to slip between them......The other option is...go buy a giant slurpee...and accidentally DROP it next to the line....an area will clear immediately....;)

They did request supporters to walk as close to the person in front of them as possible. I'm diggin the slurpee idea...

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I'm curious. I've got some free time and just might go downtown see what it looks like.

The hypocrisy is hilarious though. They posted on the hard rock indy wall

Let me know via PM here or on FB if you do.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    20080210-d0222.jpg

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    Even after reading the webstuff, I don't see what "we" are protesting? The government? Corporations? Media? Everything? Nothing?

They are protesting corporate americas control of our government and the general misuse of political powers today. There was an article released today giving their mission statement after all of the arrests in New York.

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    This is just my :twocents:, but aren't you guys being overly critical of this protest? I mean everybody on the site is constantly complaining about the need for change in our government and now that a group is organizing a widespread protest targeting everyones gripes it is getting picked apart. What is a protest with a permit? In my opinion it is the powers that be allowing you to exercise the rights you already possess.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    This is just my :twocents:, but aren't you guys being overly critical of this protest? I mean everybody on the site is constantly complaining about the need for change in our government and now that a group is organizing a widespread protest targeting everyones gripes it is getting picked apart. What is a protest with a permit? In my opinion it is the powers that be allowing you to exercise the rights you already possess.

+1
    I think they are upset because they arent doing it on the internet, they are actually out in the real world.
    and
    Needing approval to express a right given to us by the U.S. constitution, is preposterous

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville

This ^^^

All of you *****ing about this protest, should never again complain about our government. At least something is being done besides complaining behind a computer screen

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    This ^^^

All of you *****ing about this protest, should never again complain about our government. At least something is being done besides complaining behind a computer screen

Except they aren't protesting the government. If they were they would be at the statehouse. They are interfering with commerce and the lives of everyday people. They are attacking the so-called 1%ers, the truely successful in America. Jealous little people is all they are. They want to take that which they have not and are incapable of earning themselves. **** on 'em.

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    Except they aren't protesting the government. If they were they would be at the statehouse. They are interfering with commerce and the lives of everyday people. They are attacking the so-called 1%ers, the truely successful in America. Jealous little people is all they are. They want to take that which they have not and are incapable of earning themselves. **** on 'em.

NYT: Anti-Wall Street Protests Spre
    the protests are non violent and they are targeting what would appear as the proper targets. I would say they are achieving the desired reaction by your response. Protest = angry people which in turn lands them national news coverage.

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    I personally understand that there is going to be wealthy individuals and I agree that these individuals promote growth in the economy through their buisnesses and investments. But I do not believe that their wealth entitles them to exemptions and standards. The government caters to the intrests and goals of these individuals and the blue collar middle class tax dollar is what drives this country. The little people are over taxed and misrepresented the protests are only focusing on equal treatment and representation. Like momma always said "what's good for the goose is good for the gander"

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    NYT: Anti-Wall Street Protests Spre
    the protests are non violent and they are targeting what would appear as the proper targets. I would say they are achieving the desired reaction by your response. Protest = angry people which in turn lands them national news coverage.

What exactly are they accomplishing?

I personally understand that there is going to be wealthy individuals and I agree that these individuals promote growth in the economy through their buisnesses and investments. But I do not believe that their wealth entitles them to exemptions and standards. The government caters to the intrests and goals of these individuals and the blue collar middle class tax dollar is what drives this country. The little people are over taxed and misrepresented the protests are only focusing on equal treatment and representation. Like momma always said "what's good for the goose is good for the gander"

If the corporate officers, directors, and private investors of the Fortune 500 packed their s*** and left America would become Zimbabwe in about 30 minutes. If the idiots protesting took over, it would be 15 minutes.

As much as you want to think that blue collar dollars get it done, you're wrong. The top 1% pay almost 40% of taxes. When the government runs out of rich people to demonize, they'll work their way down to you.

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

If you work for a living, I'm having trouble believing you're writing this. It seems obvious to me that, although you are paying lip service to the personal freedom to better oneself and to earn as much as possible through one's own efforts, you're perfectly willing to demonize a segment of the population based on spurious charges made by people whose motives you clearly don't understand, and you also seem willing to take at face value the importance of ignorant drones blindly marching to the loudest voices they hear straining to find some sort of meaning in their lives.

In other words, you're willing to allow the disruption of a particular group of people in favor of another particular group of people, and you want to characterize ANOTHER group's talk of disrupting of the second particular group as somehow not the same. Hypocrite.

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    If you work for a living, I'm having trouble believing you're writing this. It seems obvious to me that, although you are paying lip service to the personal freedom to better oneself and to earn as much as possible through one's own efforts, you're perfectly willing to demonize a segment of the population based on spurious charges made by people whose motives you clearly don't understand, and you also seem willing to take at face value the importance of ignorant drones blindly marching to the loudest voices they hear straining to find some sort of meaning in their lives.

In other words, you're willing to allow the disruption of a particular group of people in favor of another particular group of people, and you want to characterize ANOTHER group's talk of disrupting of the second particular group as somehow not the same. Hypocrite.

Your interpretation of my words is 100% false. I don't feel that one class of people pay a certain percentage and another pays a different level. If you think this country and our government is operating the way it is intended then you are blind. I am not demonizing I am merely stating the facts. Corporate America influences each and every political action in this country. I feel that this country is starting to live by the creed taxation without representation for the middle class. The wealthy are tended to by politicians for their financial contributions and the lower class are catered to for their votes through aid and crap like section 8. where do the middle class fit in?

Last edited:

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield

If the corporate officers, directors, and private investors of the Fortune 500 packed their s*** and left America would become Zimbabwe in about 30 minutes. If the idiots protesting took over, it would be 15 minutes.

As much as you want to think that blue collar dollars get it done, you're wrong. The top 1% pay almost 40% of taxes. When the government runs out of rich people to demonize, they'll work their way down to you.

Well corporate America didn't go to Zimbabwe they went to Mexico and we are still here buddy!!!

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield

In Depth Analysis of American Income and Taxation
    these are some older figures, but nothing has changed. I am not buying into your theory. If you think that the tax burdens of this country are shouldered by the wealthy then you are misinformed sir. Let me rephrase that sir. I wouldn't say misinformed because yes there are numbers to support any claim when it comes top a tax battle. My claim as far as a tax burden is supported by the shear number of middle class tax payers. Also in rebut to your packing up and leaving. What are all the 1%ers going to do if all the useless no tax paying middle class pack up and move? sell their products and services to Zimbabwe? I am merely stating that this government is corrupt and caters to corporate America and their financial backing. If you feel that is fair practice and the intended function of our government then that is your opinion. I also do not understand how you are generalizing and labeling the protesters and you have no idea whom they are. You make many assumptions with little basis to warrant them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom