• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92FS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Phoenix
    Intersting article in the Washington Post about BO and his non decision making on sending more troops to Afghanistan. The analogy in the last paragraph I think is excellent so I've inserted it below the link to the article.

washingtonpost.com

It is not fair that large presidential choices must be made with insufficient time and information, but it is also not unusual. A dysfunctional process on Afghanistan has begun to narrow the range of good outcomes. The time and the options in Afghanistan are limited. "As an analogy," says David Kilcullen, an expert on counterinsurgency strategy, "you have a building on fire, and it's got a bunch of firemen inside. There are not enough firemen to put it out. You have to send in more or you have to leave. It is not appropriate to stand outside pontificating about not taking lightly the responsibility of sending firemen into harm's way. Either put in enough firemen to put the fire out or get out of the house."

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    It's funny, I just posted in another thread that we need to send more troops or pull em all out. Sitting here with what he have is just a waste of time, money, and life.

Top Bottom