• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    The only thing holding the liberals back is the American electorate. Fortunately, even some of those that buy into his other crap, working class Democrats, still hunt and appreciate the right to bear arms.

I'm not taking it for granted, because we still need to fight like hell. But they will try any way they can to erode the 2nd amendment.

It is also proof that government has become so large that it worries about its own preservation and power than it does about the American people.

birdhunter55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Clarksburg, Indiana
    Gun History
    After reading the following historical facts, read the part
    about
    Switzerland
    twice.

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY
    In 1929, the
    Soviet Union
    established gun control.. From 1929 to 1953,
    about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded
    up and exterminated.
    ------------------------------

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million
    Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
    exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total
    of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were
    rounded up and exterminated.
    China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million
    political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
    exterminated

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. >From 1964 to 1981, 100,000
    Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
    exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000
    Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
    exterminated

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million
    educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
    exterminated.

-----------------------------
    Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century
    because of gun control: 56 million.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by
    new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their
    own Government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500
    million dollars. The first year results are now in:

List of 7 items:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent.

Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent.

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!
    In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300
    percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the
    criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in
    armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the
    past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is
    unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the
    ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public
    safety has decreased, after such monumental effort, and expense was
    expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The
    Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians
    disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes,
    gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them
    of this history lesson.

With guns, we are 'citizens.'
    Without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew
    most Americans were ARMED!

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Bet you didn't see THIS on World News Tonight

Obama revives talk of U.N. gun control [[with Big-Ø in charge, he don't need no stupid 'treaty stuff' standing in his way!! ]]

November 15, 2009 (WND) – Gun rights supporters are up in arms over a pair of moves the White House made last month to reverse long-standing U.S. policy and begin negotiating a gun control treaty with the United Nations.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton first announced on Oct. 14 that the U.S. had changed its stance and would support negotiations of an Arms Trade Treaty to regulate international gun trafficking, a measure the Bush administration and, notably, former Permanent U.S. Representative to the United Nations John Bolton opposed for years.

Two weeks ago, in another reversal of policy, the U.S. joined a nearly unanimous 153-1 U.N. vote to adopt a resolution setting out a timetable on the proposed Arms Trade Treaty, including a U.N. conference to produce a final accord in 2012.

“Conventional arms transfers are a crucial national security concern for the United States, and we have always supported effective action to control the international transfer of arms,” Clinton said in a statement. “The United States is prepared to work hard for a strong international standard in this area.”

Gun rights advocates, however, are calling the reversal both a dangerous submission of America’s Constitution to international governance and an attempt by the Obama administration to sneak into effect private gun control laws it couldn’t pass through Congress.

Bolton, for example, told Ginny Simone, managing editor of the National Rifle Associations’ NRA News and host of the NRA’s Daily News program, “The administration is trying to act as though this is really just a treaty about international arms trade between nation states, but there’s no doubt – as was the case back over a decade ago – that the real agenda here is domestic firearms control.”

He continued, “There’s never been any doubt when these groups talk about saying they only want to prohibit illicit international trafficking in small arms and light weapons, it begs the whole question of what’s legal and what’s not legal. And many of the implications of these treaty negotiations are very much in their domestic application. So, whatever the appearance on the surface, there’s no doubt that domestic firearm control is right at the top of their agenda.” [[Read: MY guns and YOURS! GET INVOLVED!!! ]]

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I ask this on as many threads about the UN as I can. Can anyone tell me where the UN, an organization that has no population, keeps the several million troops that would be needed to disarm the American public?

Yeti

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    New Haven
    Obama revives talk of U.N. gun control [[with Big-Ø in charge, he don't need no stupid 'treaty stuff' standing in his way!! ]]

November 15, 2009 (WND) – Gun rights supporters are up in arms over a pair of moves the White House made last month to reverse long-standing U.S. policy and begin negotiating a gun control treaty with the United Nations.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton first announced on Oct. 14 that the U.S. had changed its stance and would support negotiations of an Arms Trade Treaty to regulate international gun trafficking, a measure the Bush administration and, notably, former Permanent U.S. Representative to the United Nations John Bolton opposed for years.

Two weeks ago, in another reversal of policy, the U.S. joined a nearly unanimous 153-1 U.N. vote to adopt a resolution setting out a timetable on the proposed Arms Trade Treaty, including a U.N. conference to produce a final accord in 2012.
    2012 is becoming quite popular... its the end of the world!!!!! lol
    This is BS. Obama knows Congress will never pass it, but will go over their heads and go to the UN... what a bunch of BS!!:xmad:

Yeti

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    New Haven

During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew
    most Americans were ARMED!

I love this quote:
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    -Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, 1941

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I've never read that quote before. It is pretty awesome. What a shame our elected leaders don't understand what our "gun nut" image projects to would-be invaders.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    What they're considering is treason, and nothing less. This sounds like they're considering use of the U.N. and this "treaty" to not only circumvent Congress, but the Constitution as well.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Hitler never took Switzerland by force - and there was one reason for that.

He'd've mowed down his entire army if he so much as tried.

The Swiss don't mess around with invaders.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    UN

I ask this on as many threads about the UN as I can. Can anyone tell me where the UN, an organization that has no population, keeps the several million troops that would be needed to disarm the American public?

Katrina has shown us where they would come from. Once the treaty is signed Obama will have to make an example of the American people and disarm them. Waco, Ruby Ridge would be other examples where folks were deemed unworthy of being armed.

Democrats and bleeding hearts lost in the Supreme Court Case and now they fall back to the UN approach to supercede the Constitution.

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    The blue helmets are divvied up in storage in several states.

"Originally Posted by indykid. I asked this on as many threads about the UN as I can. Can anyone tell me where the UN, an organization that has no population, keeps the several million troops that would be needed to disarm the American public?"

Once the appropriate governors are prompted / forced to declare a sort of 'martial law', the helmets will be issued. But take heart: the green lasers REALLy shine when played across a blue helmet!! Words to the wise; a .22-LR is as effective as an RPG against the B.H. zombie-troopers. Once hit, they run. Suplus grenades work well too. These will not be hardened troops, and definitely NOT American troops on American soil. Just blue-hatted conscripts against 'a well-regulated Militia.' As far as their 'authority', the U.N. can, and has done so, choose to prosecute anything they determine to be a 'hate crime' based on their standing as International Tribunal of justice. The three-piece-suiters usurp ALL LAW. They have already ordered executions of presumed 'war criminals.' Pat

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Hitler never took Switzerland by force - and there was one reason for that.

He'd've mowed down his entire army if he so much as tried.

The Swiss don't mess around with invaders.

Yep, a nation of riflemen with excellent rifles, surrounded by mountains that would make an approach by a foreign invader difficult even if the passes weren't full of people shooting at them.

Top Bottom