NYC Mayor Bloomberg Bans Food Donations to Homeless Shelters?!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    When I saw this article originally, I thought it had to be fake because it was so unbelievable... Unfortunately, I was able to find the same story on several news sites, so it appears to be real. The [STRIKE]Emperor King Beloved Leader[/STRIKE] Mayor from New York City banned certain food donations to homeless shelters because they couldn't guarantee that the food met with the city's burdensome nutrition requirements!

Bloomberg Bans Food Donations To NYC Homeless Shelters

Sorry starving people! I'd love to give you this Big Mac and a large Coke, but it's ILLEGAL!

Here is a great video from Reason.com (libertarian site) that explains the ban in their "Nanny of the Month" series:

http://youtu.be/sPtdnYJyTa4

Shrug Atlas, Shrug.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Get use to it this is the way the whole country will be in a few years...He would rather see Americans eating out of garbage dumpsters...than getting a good hot meal with too much salt in it...the government knows what is best for us all.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    They keep electing him so the people in the city must think that his long chain of abuses and usurpations are just great.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I assumed the story was about the hurricane, but it is actually a story from March. Still awful. Hopefully we see some civil disobedience on that one.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Once Obamacare gets going full force, everyone will be acting like little tyrants (Bloomberg) in the name of health care costs on all of us. Just watch!

NYC is the testing ground.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Michael Bloomberg would have been right at home in the Soviet Union. I consider him one of the most dangerous men in the country. Even though he is the mayor of New York City, and not the dictator of the entire country, he wants to impose his will on everyone--regardless of where they live. Don't be surprised if these types of measures are proposed in Indiana in the next decade. I always knew that that Michael Bloomberg was a RHINO (before becoming an independent and later endorsing Obama). The reason that people like Bloomberg get elected is because no one is paying attention. They recognize his name and know that he is a multi-billionaire. Thus, think the "sheeple," he must be fit to lead. When election season comes around, I personally do my research to weed out any candidate who appears to have dictator-like desires.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Michael Bloomberg would have been right at home in the Soviet Union. I consider him one of the most dangerous men in the country. Even though he is the mayor of New York City, and not the dictator of the entire country, he wants to impose his will on everyone--regardless of where they live. Don't be surprised if these types of measures are proposed in Indiana in the next decade. I always knew that that Michael Bloomberg was a RHINO (before becoming an independent and later endorsing Obama). The reason that people like Bloomberg get elected is because no one is paying attention. They recognize his name and know that he is a multi-billionaire. Thus, think the "sheeple," he must be fit to lead. When election season comes around, I personally do my research to weed out any candidate who appears to have dictator-like desires.

Blooming Idiot was a life long democrat before running for mayor as a Republican .

Top Bottom