• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    In NY only one party consent is required to record. You are legally allowed to record anyone, anywhere, at anytime, so long as the production is not for profit. That's why they had to charge her with "obstruction of government a55hattery" or whatever the trumped up nonsense was.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Wow! I wish that was my neighbourhood. If he didn't feel safe then he could have moved his traffic stop down the road. I bet she wins a boatload from the settlement. Cops can be such douchebags sometimes! How can you arrest someone on their property for not following your orders when they are illegal to begin with? I would have asked if he had a warrant and if not, to get the hell off my property! JBT's!!!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    In NY only one party consent is required to record. You are legally allowed to record anyone, anywhere, at anytime, so long as the production is not for profit. That's why they had to charge her with "obstruction of government a55hattery" or whatever the trumped up nonsense was.
    Boy there seems to be alot of this going on lately. I think they even have a new division dedicated to that. It's called the Dept.of Government Asshattery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Boy there seems to be alot of this going on lately. I think they even have a new division dedicated to that. It's called the Dept.of Government Asshattery

We call it the Dept. of Love, actually.

That charge is allegedly "obstructing government administration". Wow. That law is vague enough to cover just about anything the government wouldn't want you to do that could possibly interfere with anything it does at all.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The anger seems to be building amongst the public and the authority figures over taping. We have seen the videos of some TSA agents and them trying to stop it and also some police, who should know better.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Wow! I wish that was my neighbourhood. If he didn't feel safe then he could have moved his traffic stop down the road. I bet she wins a boatload from the settlement. Cops can be such douchebags sometimes! How can you arrest someone on their property for not following your orders when they are illegal to begin with? I would have asked if he had a warrant and if not, to get the hell off my property! JBT's!!!

I'll bet money she is prosecuted and receives a criminal sentence, even if only a fine, or suspended. This is NY, and the police are gods.

Yeah, like the whole dam thing.

That is GB's website and I read the comments. :bacondance:

Oh. I didn't know that was Beck's website. I don't much care for talking heads, and I really dislike Beck. He just seems like such a used car salesman to me. YMMV.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    He needs to be fired and jailed for kidnapping.

I saw this on a legal blog a few days ago and there is an out for the law enforcer. He said, paraphrased, "I am not comfortable because of something you said before you started filming."

It just may be the new "stop resisting". Or, she said some crazy shizzle. We don't know. None the less, if it was that terrible, it would seem like it would have been handled at that time, not minutes later and after a debate with the suspect.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Oh. I didn't know that was Beck's website. I don't much care for talking heads, and I really dislike Beck. He just seems like such a used car salesman to me. YMMV.

I understand you opinion, but one thing, I wouldn't have stopped at used car salesman. :D

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    The anger seems to be building amongst the public and the authority figures over taping. We have seen the videos of some TSA agents and them trying to stop it and also some police, who should know better.
    I don't understand the "Don't film me" attitude. When the Squad Car dash cams first came out some people, LEO's and non LEO's, balked at the idea of being filmed during a traffic stop.
    Hell, I always considered it insurance that someone couldn't try to stick me with a false "abuse" claim.
    Today I simply presume that we are "on camera" whenever we step outside and act accordingly. :dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I don't understand the "Don't film me" attitude. When the Squad Car dash cams first came out some people, LEO's and non LEO's, balked at the idea of being filmed during a traffic stop.
    Hell, I always considered it insurance that someone couldn't try to stick me with a false "abuse" claim.
    Today I simple presume that we are "on camera" whenever we step outside and act accordingly. :dunno:

:yesway: It keeps officers on their toes (good for that occasion when bad cops are around and is an extra incentive for even the law-abiding ones to double-check their plan of action) and serves to keep them safe at the same time. Win-win situation for everyone. Better yet, it doesn't violate any Constitutional rights!

Top Bottom