Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Getting the bushes trimmed today. ;) Our hedge across the front of the house is a mess, and the two bushes on the side need to be brought down and shaped up. I usually do it, but it's a 2-3 day process. I finally called a guy.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Getting the bushes trimmed today. ;) Our hedge across the front of the house is a mess, and the two bushes on the side need to be brought down and shaped up. I usually do it, but it's a 2-3 day process. I finally called a guy.
    I have been looking at my shaggy bushes for several weeks now. I'll get to it one of these days. It'll be my first chance to try out the new EGO hedge trimmer.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I need to buy a hedge trimmer. Milwaukee makes a hedge trimmer attachment for the weed whacker I already own so I'll probably go that route. They also have a tiny chainsaw attachment. I don't really have a use for that one at the moment. If the zombies come it might make a good standoff weapon though.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I know you guys do it yourselves, but if anyone is so inclined to pay someone to trim bushes, I can highly recommend Terry's Trimming 219-307-2641. Did a great job and was reasonable.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And with a doc appointment on Thursday, I'm trying to figure out why my insurance is telling me I'm inactive. And I owe them $1800 or so for them "mistakenly" paying a bill.

Doc doesn't know.
    Insurance doesn't know.
    Waiting on my union guy to call me back and see what's up.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I need to buy a hedge trimmer. Milwaukee makes a hedge trimmer attachment for the weed whacker I already own so I'll probably go that route. They also have a tiny chainsaw attachment. I don't really have a use for that one at the moment. If the zombies come it might make a good standoff weapon though.
    The chainsaw attachment is for trimming branches in trees.

The trimmer you are talking about getting is probably not great for trimming bushes. I have one for my eGo, and it is awesome for trimming fence lines and such. It is a bit unwieldy for trimming actual bushes though. I ended up getting an actual trimmer for that.

Lumpy76

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Hebron
    The chainsaw attachment is for trimming branches in trees.

The trimmer you are talking about getting is probably not great for trimming bushes. I have one for my eGo, and it is awesome for trimming fence lines and such. It is a bit unwieldy for trimming actual bushes though. I ended up getting an actual trimmer for that.
    I have the quick lok trimmer attachment. It is a beast. The head pivots 360 deg so it's great for taller bushes or one's that get away from you. Good for 3/4" branches. I trim trees with it. I use it kind of like a power sickle for the reeds around the pond also.
    It is heavy though, at least double the normal hand held model. My arms are burning after a little while with that thing.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    If anyone from up around here is thinking about getting into reloading, I became the owner of this stuff recently.
    reloading stuff.jpg

I have everything I need for the reloading that I do, and don't see any reason to store this stuff away for rainy day, so I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in it. Not really looking to sell it, just looking to pass it on to someone as a "start".
    Shoot me a PM if interested.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    S_T_I_L_L painting. Always painting?!? When will it be done? Crew of 5. WTF. It has been 1 full week. And on 2 of those days we had a crew of 8. (OK only 7.5 because I’m pretty inept). Workshop/back garage/guest apartment is 90% done. House is 75% done. Pool house is 90% done. Probably 2 more days of hell, uh, I mean, painting.

Oh and the lovely Mrs_Bob hasn’t even picked out a color for the garage doors yet.

I can’t even blame Jedi and his Gubmint work ethic. When will this end?!?

41B40A75-FA63-4457-AFE7-66B39C14333D.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom