NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Some Unions have a clause that if you have to work more than 4 hours over - the company has to buy you a Meal

Well, we don't have that.
    We used to get $3 meal allowance on your next paycheck, if the OT was unscheduled.
    But they used to get out of it so often, I don't know if they have it anymore.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah we also have to request printouts of our hours worked every two weeks to make sure we're actually getting paid the hours worked because they don't always remember to put them in and then we end up shorted until the following payday.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yeah we also have to request printouts of our hours worked every two weeks to make sure we're actually getting paid the hours worked because they don't always remember to put them in and then we end up shorted until the following payday.
    they just put our sheets with our work orders

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    When I started in the mill we got meal tickets good at the canteen. $1.10, yeah!

The canteen was too far for some guys to walk to so one of the other mechanics would pay a dollar for meal tickets. 10% profit, not bad in the 70s.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    When I started in the mill we got meal tickets good at the canteen. $1.10, yeah!

The canteen was too far for some guys to walk to so one of the other mechanics would pay a dollar for meal tickets. 10% profit, not bad in the 70s.
    We have a canteen down by Tin. About a third of a mile walk and we don't have that kinda time

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

NO ACTIVE SHOOTER OR GUN FOUND AT LAKE CENTRAL DESPITE FALSE REPORTS CAUSING PANIC TO PARENTS​

I'm hoping some good can come out of this. It sounded like the response by police and everyone else involved was outstanding, but maybe this real life drill will add some insight on where improvements or even slights changes could be done to make it even better

The guy I deal with for parts everyday for the last 17 years was definitely a little shook. He has 2 kids at Lake Central

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom