Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    We will more than likely stop on the 26th at Shane Company off of I69 on 96th Street to get an annual jewelry inspection. The seller could meet me there in the parking lot. That would be even closer to Noblesville. The seller would have to be a little flexible on the time because I would have the kid with me if this all works out.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    OK, then I guess it just depends on whether he will hold it until after Christmas without being paid. Don't blame him if he wouldn't, but I am not going to send him the $600 ahead of time when I don't know him.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Anybody have an extra Cabela's coupon laying around? Gonna be picking up a gun this week and it would be nice to knock a few dollars off.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    OK, then I guess it just depends on whether he will hold it until after Christmas without being paid. Don't blame him if he wouldn't, but I am not going to send him the $600 ahead of time when I don't know him.
    Sorry, best I can do. Just let me know.
    Skype the meeting and paypal ? Just thinking outloud.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    No, I totally appreciate the offer. I will either just roll down this Saturday morning or see if he can wait until the 26th. Maybe I can paypal him a deposit. Possible he wants the money for Christmas, in which case I'll just go down this weekend.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I am an IDIOT.

My propane heater started up after a few tries. I guess I just didn't purge all the air out of the line long enough yesterday.
    :xmad:

Now if I could just get up the energy to look at the furnace.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Ballstater, he said that the 26th is fine as long as I promise to buy it. I gave him the info about Shane Co and asked him if that was OK-- will wait and see.

I appreciate this. Mom has pneumonia right now and I really didn't want to be gone for 6 hours on Saturday.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    OK, I'll keep that in mind. I'm working on a gun deal in the classifieds that's in Noblesville, and I'm trying to avoid making a trip down there to pick it up. Noblesville is a few minutes off from 65, though. If everything else falls though, I may start begging..:D
    Pray tell another firearm? :spend:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Ballstater, he said that the 26th is fine as long as I promise to buy it. I gave him the info about Shane Co and asked him if that was OK-- will wait and see.

I appreciate this. Mom has pneumonia right now and I really didn't want to be gone for 6 hours on Saturday.
    Not a problem. Happy to help. Sorry to hear about her health.
    Umm, someone just came by to borrow my chain saw (Ryobi battery powered).

It's snowing.

Limb down?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    you know I never intermingled the Colts and the Smiths, and I only had a couple Taurus revolvers around long enough to realize there were certain things you just don't do... Rugers and Smiths get along well though...

Got the Smith 63 out today and I am in the process of looking through some youtube videos on smoothing her up now... Being a 22LR you have to be careful as the rimfires need more hammer...

sw6322lr6021.jpg

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    you know I never intermingled the Colts and the Smiths, and I only had a couple Taurus revolvers around long enough to realize there were certain things you just don't do... Rugers and Smiths get along well though...

Got the Smith 63 out today and I am in the process of looking through some youtube videos on smoothing her up now... Being a 22LR you have to be careful as the rimfires need more hammer...

sw6322lr6021.jpg

With all the shooting you do, do reload at all? I see lots of factory ammo there.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    yeah I reload but in this picture it is all 22LR ammo...

9mm, 38 special, 357 magnum, maximum, 35 Remington, 35 Whelen, 308, 223, pretty much everything gets churned out of the reloading presses... although 9mm is a lot of mixed between reloads and factory with the prices some times...

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Their furnace also died. But they have a fireplace.

I'm assuming they are unfamiliar with the term "green wood" if they are going that route. Going to be a smokey neighborhood. I have a buddy in Merrillville who sells bundled wood for $8 a bundle if I remember correctly. This is also DNR certified and premium stuff not the garbage that you can get at a gas station.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom