• Status
    Not open for further replies.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    The easiest and cheapest thing to do is just make a 2x4 frame with a spanner and use nails or large screw/hooks to hang it. You'll need to reset them occasionally, but that's part of the game.

These will have to arrive assembled or be assembled on the range. If someone has a pick up truck, wants to assemble them before hand, and is willing to keep them, then by all means that is great.

If not, we have to come up with something that can be taken down.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    These will have to arrive assembled or be assembled on the range. If someone has a pick up truck, wants to assemble them before hand, and is willing to keep them, then by all means that is great.

If not, we have to come up with something that can be taken down.

Questions:

What size plates are you planning on hanging?
    How many stands do you need?
    What is the optimal height for the stands (where the plates will be mounted?)

Assembly on site is no big deal.......I can fit a decent amount of 2x4 in my car. I can also whip up some steel tripod hangers that are easier to set up.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Questions:

What size plates are you planning on hanging?
    How many stands do you need?
    What is the optimal height for the stands (where the plates will be mounted?)

Assembly on site is no big deal.......I can fit a decent amount of 2x4 in my car. I can also whip up some steel tripod hangers that are easier to set up.
    12" and 6" circles.
    2'-4' above the ground sound good?

Your AR will work just fine. You will need a sling.

Thanks groovy, missed that one.

Yep the AR will work fine.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Dang. Exactly the kind of training I'd like to take sometime. Unfortunately, I'll be gone that weekend. Harrumph. :xmad:

I hope this is offered again -- or training similar -- at another time here in the northern half of the state. I'll be on the lookout ...

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Dang. Exactly the kind of training I'd like to take sometime. Unfortunately, I'll be gone that weekend. Harrumph. :xmad:

I hope this is offered again -- or training similar -- at another time here in the northern half of the state. I'll be on the lookout ...

People who went to my kydex class are now teaching it. I'd like this to be the same. Learnit, do it, teach it.

jshaft37

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Probably can't make it to this event, but it sounds awesome. I hope these keep up as I've been hoping to find opportunities to shoot in this style. Is this range always set up for practical shooting or is it by special event only?

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    wish i could do this. unfortunetly not enough funds and just have a stripped ar lower lol. i hope these pop up more often though as it is a great opportunity for others.
    hope goes well

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    The class is currently full. However, some might drop out. If they do, spots will open up.

Would you like to be the first waiting?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The class is currently full. However, some might drop out. If they do, spots will open up.

Would you like to be the first waiting?

Sure. 1st in waiting.
    I knew I should have made the decision faster...
    Stupid...
    Stupid...
    Stupid...

Actually, I blame the 12 hour days for the last 10 days.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I got 4 checks today.

No one included their screen names. Please PM with last names so I can mark who paid.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to PM. If I missed you in the email about location of payment, please PM.

Payment is due on 10/26/12. You will not shoot if payment isn't received by then.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    May have a HSGI battle belt in size large available for someone to use or purchase during this time as well. XL seems to be the size I require, especially if I plan on wearing a sweatshirt or something a little heavier for the weather.

Dont plan on purchasing much in Rochester to bring to the range for lunch. There doesnt seem to be much of a selection aside from the walmart.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    For future classes (assuming you will run them)...

.22lr ok for the carbine? Obviously I'll want to use my 9mm for the pistol portion, but I have a 15-22 to back up my AR and wonder why blow through 300 rounds of 5.56 when I can shoot a brick of .22lr for a 6th of the price?

Either way is fine by me... I'm definitely interested in future classes.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Turnandshoot, was that you at the meet and shoot with the 2 SCARs? Just wondering. If so, I had the other SCAR. A little late now, but depending on the Army, if you would like, I would not mind helping teach a class as well. (In the future Im sure). Can tell you more about me if you would like to know as well.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Dont plan on purchasing much in Rochester to bring to the range for lunch. There doesnt seem to be much of a selection aside from the walmart.
    Bring a sack lunch. You're right, there is nothing in Rochester.

For future classes (assuming you will run them)...

.22lr ok for the carbine? Obviously I'll want to use my 9mm for the pistol portion, but I have a 15-22 to back up my AR and wonder why blow through 300 rounds of 5.56 when I can shoot a brick of .22lr for a 6th of the price?

Either way is fine by me... I'm definitely interested in future classes.
    For the class it is important to understand drop and how your fighting rifle will perform.

Your .22lr will be great for training on your own.

Turnandshoot, was that you at the meet and shoot with the 2 SCARs? Just wondering. If so, I had the other SCAR. A little late now, but depending on the Army, if you would like, I would not mind helping teach a class as well. (In the future Im sure). Can tell you more about me if you would like to know as well.

Yep, I know who you are. I met you a year or two ago. It's easy to keep track of the SCAR owners.:D

For now, I don't know that I'll be doing anymore NWICE classes. If I do, I'll keep you in mind. Heck, you could do a class as well!

A reminder to everyone. Please have your rifle sighted in. It doesn't matter if it's a 25, 50, or 100 yard zero. Just have a sighted in rifle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom