• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Steven

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Whitley County
    Been a proud member longer than I can remember. :)

Just about everything in life has it's +'s and -'s and to me the NRA has far more +'s than -'s.

As long as the anti-gun movement has a breath ,there should be someone/something organized to speak out against them and remain in support of the 2nd A.
    At least support that. :twocents:

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I joined before I knew they were putting cash into the reelection of Harry Reid. Will never pay another penny to them.

Same here, plus they supported Ellsworth over Sink-Burris in the IN Sen race.

Since they won't refund pro-rated membership fees, I'm riding out my membership - won't renew it - and I'm sending back every post-paid envelope they send with a note that since they support candidates who try to kill off the rest of the constitution, their efforts on the 2A are worthless.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Same here, plus they supported Ellsworth over Sink-Burris in the IN Sen race.

Since they won't refund pro-rated membership fees, I'm riding out my membership - won't renew it - and I'm sending back every post-paid envelope they send with a note that since they support candidates who try to kill off the rest of the constitution, their efforts on the 2A are worthless.

something like this is why i didn't renew my membership. its unfortunate because they started out with the right ideas and have just steadily sold out more and more IMO. i mean harry reid and the others. you have to be kidding me. ohhh well

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    After garbage like this, I'll never be an NRA member again.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/103593-nra_sent_me_a_check_for_700_a.html
    My dad has been gone 3 years this coming January and they still send me their crap.

Instead of reaping the benefits from your deceased father by continuing to receive the American Rifleman, why haven't you contacted the NRA to discontinue it? Thereby foregoing the pain and embarrassment you obviously feel each and every time you open your mailbox. I mean, I just don't understand why you haven't done this yet.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I believe so but I never saw anything on it until after he died. I kept getting something about a deadline to send something in for life insurance. Didn't feel like getting busted for fraud for filling it out after he had already died. I don't remember if there was any cost associated with it or not. I flip through the American Rifleman for about 2 minutes and pitch it. Everything else goes straight to the trash.

Isn't it kinda like fraud to continue to receive a benefit meant for another, knowingly? I may be wrong on this and if I am I hope someone will correct me, but I don't think NRA Life memberships are transferable upon someone's death.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Been a proud member longer than I can remember. :)

Just about everything in life has it's +'s and -'s and to me the NRA has far more +'s than -'s.

As long as the anti-gun movement has a breath ,there should be someone/something organized to speak out against them and remain in support of the 2nd A.
    At least support that. :twocents:

I agree. I wasn't happy either with the Harry Reid support and I wrote them a long email about it. But anyway, I think they still do a lot of good for us and I'll continue to be a member--but only one or two years at a time just in case.

wp wrecks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    I am a member and also renew year to year. Not crazy about everything they say and do, but believe it's beneficial overall.

Top Bottom