• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I have an oppertunity to go home to Maine in the fall and go deer hunting with my dad and brothers, but because of the regs in the state requiring a hunters Ed course, I find myself in a bind and need a NRA approved hunters safety course in order to get a non-resident license.

Does anyone know of a course being offered in central Indiana?

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I looked into doing that, however Maine has a really strict licensing rule that states that online safety courses are not permissible for use, and that I need a NRA sponsored hunter safety course, so that possibility is out.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Look on Elwood Conservation Clubs website. I though I heard there was one next weekend.. It should be on DNR's website. I believe its free ?? and the club will be providing lunch.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Sand Creek Conservation Club has one coming up soon. But it is not NRA sponsored. I wasn't aware that NRA had a hunters safety course.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    The NRA offers training/certification for people to become Hunt Clinic Instructors. Basically you take hunter ed to be able to legally hunt, then you take a hunt clinic to learn more about what you want to hunt specifically.

NRA Hunter Services Division|NRA Hunting Programs

I don't see anything saying NRA...I would think an IN DNR course would be what you want.

Safety/Education Courses: Maine IF&W

There is a class at Fort Ben next week my husband plans on attending. He doesn't need it for IN but for KY and a few other states.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    ^^ There you go, if you are still having trouble, call a conservation officer, they are happy to help!

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    The NRA offers training/certification for people to become Hunt Clinic Instructors. Basically you take hunter ed to be able to legally hunt, then you take a hunt clinic to learn more about what you want to hunt specifically.

NRA Hunter Services Division|NRA Hunting Programs

I don't see anything saying NRA...I would think an IN DNR course would be what you want.

Safety/Education Courses: Maine IF&W

There is a class at Fort Ben next week my husband plans on attending. He doesn't need it for IN but for KY and a few other states.

Do you happen to have the contact information for this class?

Robar5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2015
    Allen County, IN
    The online Indiana Hunter's Ed course is sufficient for hunting in Maine. I've bear hunted there on two occasions and there was no difference in the Hunters education card I have from the class 25 years ago and what you get after completing it online that others in my group had.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    The online Indiana Hunter's Ed course is sufficient for hunting in Maine. I've bear hunted there on two occasions and there was no difference in the Hunters education card I have from the class 25 years ago and what you get after completing it online that others in my group had.

Except the Maine Dept of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife specifically says online courses do not qualify on the link above.

Top Bottom