• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    I am amazed at the stupidity of some people. A few weeks ago i went to the Gun show at the old Kay's Merchandise in Ft. Wayne, while browsing the tables i had stopped at one to look at something and the guy behind the table was talking with a customer that i think he knew personally. They were just finishing there conversation and they vendor made some comment and pulled his OC'd gun out of his holster and pointed it at me and the other guy and made some crack about something ( I am pretty sure it was unloaded per the rules of the show), I was in disbelief and moved on quickly.

Fast forward to today. I went to the show at the Coliseum and guess what?
    The same douche bag did the exact same thing while i was walking past his table. I will only say that this is a FFL from the Northern part of the state and i believe he has a new gun store in the area.

I guess i don't know if i should have had a conversation with the show organizer or called him out right then and there. I guess i was just in shock that someone in the business would act so irresponsibly. I may send a email to both show organizers and let them know who it was and what happened, and what amazes me is i know these cannot be isolated cases where i just happened to be there at the "right " time. I think this guy need a considerable amount of training in gun handling and saftey.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I guess i don't know if i should have had a conversation with the show organizer or called him out right then and there.

Some guy pulled a gun on you and you don't know if you should have said something? Were you afraid of being rude? :scratch:

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    Some guy pulled a gun on you and you don't know if you should have said something? Were you afraid of being rude? :scratch:

The guy didn't specifically "pull a gun on me" but unholstered his gun and pointed it at someone else and in my general direction. Is it my responsibility to police the show and report unsafe gun handling :dunno:. I understand your position completely and should have reacted differently.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The guy didn't specifically "pull a gun on me" but unholstered his gun and pointed it at someone else and in my general direction. Is it my responsibility to police the show and report unsafe gun handling :dunno:. I understand your position completely and should have reacted differently.

No, it's not your responsibility to police the show, but you also didn't say he "pointed it...in my general direction", nor did you say it was just "unsafe gun handling". You said he "pulled his OC'd gun out of his holster and pointed it at me". That's either a Class D felony or a Class A misdemeanor, depending on if it's loaded or not.

IC 35-47-4-3
    Pointing firearm at another person
    Sec. 3. (a) This section does not apply to a law enforcement officer who is acting within the scope of the law enforcement officer's official duties or to a person who is justified in using reasonable force against another person under:
    (1) IC 35-41-3-2; or
    (2) IC 35-41-3-3.
    (b) A person who knowingly or intentionally points a firearm at another person commits a Class D felony. However, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if the firearm was not loaded.
    As added by P.L.296-1995, SEC.2.
    Completely aside from the legality of it, the guy should have had has butt handed to him for pulling a stunt like that. That sort of stupidity is how people die. I'm at a loss for why you would choose to say nothing, if not to the show promoter, at least to the idiot how did it. It was obviously enough of a concern to come to INGO to talk about it, so it was clearly more than a simple unintentional sweep at a gun show.

Yeah, epic fail on both parties. I'd inform the promoters, especially if it was CWood.

Should just go ahead and say it was CWood anyway. Just to be safe.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I would let the promoters know, and next time call him out. Some people will be mad, but most people will just be embarrassed and apologize. There are enough stupid people at shows, we don't need stupid vendors.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Framing hammers. 24 oz. framing hammers should be issued to attendees at gun shows. We'll have a lot less irresponsible gun handling when people realize what framing hammers do to knee caps.

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    I have sent a email to the promoter, i explained who it was and exactly what he did. If i receive a reply i will post it in this thread

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    More fuel to the fire...another nail added to the coffin.
    Dumb stunts like this is what every anti loves. That way they can point a finger to all us gunowners and claim we're irresponsible

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    See, this is another reason not to OC - would not have happened if he was CC'ing. By OC'ing, he was going to make you the first victim - a tactical fail on your part.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'm not that much of a speaking up guy, but I'd've ripped his face off the first time. Being on the end with the hole in it just sets me off.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I wonder if it was the same vendor that was at the Indy 1500 show at the State Fairgrounds this past June who was handling a gun and the thing went off hitting the guy next to him (working the same booth) in the hand???? That was an exciting moment for everyone there.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I wonder if it was the same vendor that was at the Indy 1500 show at the State Fairgrounds this past June who was handling a gun and the thing went off hitting the guy next to him (working the same booth) in the hand???? That was an exciting moment for everyone there.

That's not quite how it happened. But it was a stupid move on that guys part. He ended up shooting himself, not someone else.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    This kind of behavior has to be addressed. He is gonna wind up having an accident with somebody. There are times to be quiet and times to speak up. This is onw of the times to speak up. To him.

Top Bottom