• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Pellet gun range probably much more practical cost wise. I do believe indoor ranges have to have some rather pricey specialized air handling systems don't they?

In an age where drawing a picture of a gun can get you expelled pellet guns are a huge leap forward.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Ben davis has a range certified up to .44 mag. The mc jrotc has a shooting curriculum during the first 9 weeks of the second semester I which the cadets are instructed in firearms saftey and then leran the three basic shooting positions and have the opportunity to eaen a qualification badge. In addition to rhis we also have a highlt competitive rifle team as well. Both use hugh end pelket rifles now but until 2006, my soohmore year, they qualification curriculum used winchester 40x usmc marked 22 rifles. We were the last publuc school in the country to have real weapons and despite a flawless saftey record the marine corps decided they didnt want the risk anymore andmade us turn them in for the pellet rifles.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Back in the 70s all JROTC in my state had 22 ranges. I was informed by a former JROTC retired Col. That a student was killed on a range and that was the reason for the end of the rifle program.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I went to C.V.S. high school in chicago. 2200 E. 87th st.
    We had a 6 stall 22 range in the basement. provided by the ARMY ROTC program.
    the Junior and Senior class men could go down there during their regular ROTC period and fire 22s.
    Then after school hours. if you are on the rifle team. You could spend hours down there shooting.
    ALL FREE.
    We also had about 100 M1 grands to play around with, the same with a 1911 and BAR. none of these were fired.

Top Bottom