• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    If you carry a gun, you need to carry a med kit!

You are more likely to be a hero for saving someone's life than taking someones life!

With those two statements in mind, I have been looking for a way to carry a med kit with me on the reg. I don't like the idea of having a million things around my belt or shoved in my pocket. At work, the only viable option I have is leaving a blowout kit and a full first aid kit in my car. Now those two kits aren't going anywhere, but I have wanted something that I can carry on me that has the essentials while not getting in my way.

Like I said, I hate having an abundance of stuff in my cargo pockets or on my belt, so when I heard Rogue Gunfighter was coming out with a new piece of Nylon to fix my problem, I knew I would be spending some cash soon. In comes the No Vis and Low Vis Ankle Med Kits:

No Vis
    Sold as such so you can add the med supplies as you see fit and customize your kit just how you want it.
    ScreenShot2013-05-21at14454PM.png

Low Vis
    Comes in three different options containing a different hemostatic agent of your preference: Quickclot, Celox R, and Quickclot LE
    ScreenShot2013-05-21at14437PM.png

All packed up
    ScreenShot2013-05-21at14528PM.png

Compact on your leg
    ScreenShot2013-05-21at14512PM.png

They are taking pre-orders now and will start shipping in July. I am looking forward to getting this in and giving it a shot!

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I've been working with a rig like that for about a year and a half now. I used a Galco ankle holster I had laying around and keep a CAT, shears, primed gauze (wish I had Celox or QuikClot) and an Izzy bandage, in addition to the CAT on my duty belt.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Like a lot of products, creative marketing can make it look useful but the bloom comes off very quickly when you actually have it in hand. I suspect that would be the case here. No one will want to be burdened with it and it would quickly prove to be awkward and useless.

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I use the TacMed Solutions Ankle Medical Kit. Works well under jeans or uniform pants. Contains a SOFT-TW tourniquet, quikclot and a chest seal. The rig itself is a neoprene wrap and can be used for a number of things.

You don't even notice it on your leg after a minute.

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    I like the idea, but my biggest concern would be the shears... Cheap shears are a hindrance more than a benefit. Esp when trying to go through thicker clothing! I also agree with the idea of an airway adjunct & inflatable mask.

At $150ish for the kit, no thank you! That's alot of money for the novelty of an ankle rig, that will probably not see much carry time. Take the concept and make some smaller kits for the vehicles and a larger one with more supplies to carry if need be... Myself, I'm a fan of a MOLLE backed pouch, like a 6.6 or 10.6 from 5.11 that can be attached to a chest rig or backpack...

Regardless of the route you choose and how you outfit it, they are useless if you don't educate & train on how/when to use the supplies properly, effectively, and safely!

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I like the idea, but my biggest concern would be the shears... Cheap shears are a hindrance more than a benefit. Esp when trying to go through thicker clothing! I also agree with the idea of an airway adjunct & inflatable mask.

At $150ish for the kit, no thank you! That's alot of money for the novelty of an ankle rig, that will probably not see much carry time. Take the concept and make some smaller kits for the vehicles and a larger one with more supplies to carry if need be... Myself, I'm a fan of a MOLLE backed pouch, like a 6.6 or 10.6 from 5.11 that can be attached to a chest rig or backpack...

Regardless of the route you choose and how you outfit it, they are useless if you don't educate & train on how/when to use the supplies properly, effectively, and safely!

I have a large blow out kit in all of my cars that could fix just about anything. I have been looking for a creative way to carry med supplies on me and this fits the bill for me. I agree, cheap anything usually is a hindrance than a help, and the filled price is kinda steep, that's why I bought just the holder. I'm going to add an airway and a TK4 (instead of the CAT or other tourniquet), a quality set of shears, a 4x4 gauze, and some tape if I can find a spot for it. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Top Bottom