• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Some of you act like you are rambo, and can take on the world by yourself. That's why there is a big difference between money and ammo. Are you going to shoot people with money? Sorry, but you can only survive so long. This is not a movie, it's reality. Also what if the micro-stamping bill gets passed, what are you going to do with all that illegal ammo?

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Some of you act like you are rambo, and can take on the world by yourself. That's why there is a big difference between money and ammo. Are you going to shoot people with money? Sorry, but you can only survive so long. This is not a movie, it's reality. Also what if the micro-stamping bill gets passed, what are you going to do with all that illegal ammo?

Burry it with the rest of my bootie!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Let's get back on track.

Gotta agree with the original post here. The ammo shortage indicates a well armed and prepared civilian population. I have an ample supply of ammo. Am I a hoarder ....... maybe to some but I prefer to think of myself as a responsible consumer trying to stimulate a troubled economy in a capitalist society.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I respectfully disagree with you IndyGunWorks. You should see my dad. He voted for Obama and received his first two 6920s the next day after I told him he needed to invest. They went up 50% overnight.

Ever since it's been gun after gun- 8 total now. He buys .223 by the 1000 round case at every opportunity and fires 100 rounds each range trip.

He's hoarding and it's annoying me!

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Urgh..

I don't have a real side on this issue. I have to say I am late in the game... I was stationed in Hawaii for 5 years, and the gun laws and military policies in place make owning anything firearm related not issued a pain in the neck.... Fast forward to the Medically Retired guy back in Indiana you see here today, who refuses to change his shooting habits in lieu of the way things are. I can't keep myself supplied. I keep a "Combat Load" on hand JIC, but am not going to give up shooing 2-4x's a week. I am staying sharp so when and if things go nuts I am going to connect with what little ammo I have. Whether it be Aliens, Mexicans, Democrats, Slick Marketing Guy, Lazy Companies.... I will shoot constantly and keep enough to allow me to fight myself into a better situation.

I get sick sometimes when the guy strolls into the conversation and says I snatched up every round I could find at 3 walmarts today, then states he hasn't shot in 2 months or doesn't even own a firearm in that caliber....

I don't know... I buy what I need and hope someone else in my situation might pick up what I leave on the self.

I will say a huge thanks to the few guys who have dropped a box in a caliber I can't find just to keep me running. My services will be on point when they are needed... I appreciate the help...

:ar15:

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I respectfully disagree with you IndyGunWorks. You should see my dad. He voted for Obama and received his first two 6920s the next day after I told him he needed to invest. They went up 50% overnight.

Ever since it's been gun after gun- 8 total now. He buys .223 by the 1000 round case at every opportunity and fires 100 rounds each range trip.

I hope this doesn't offend you too badly, but I hope someone kicks your old man in the nuts. Not for hoarding, but for being a gun owner and voting for BHO. :n00b: Unless he voted for BHO as an investment scheme knowing this would happen, in that case, he should be taking over the country a la Palpatine. :starwars:

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I went to a gunshow last weekend and someone was selling bricks of 22 ammo that you can buy at Walmart. The store price is about $14 and this guy was selling it for $35.00. This really ticked me off! There is no reason to try and gouge like that. I went to another table and bought a brick of Winchesters for $20. That guy even came down from $22! I can see someone trying to turn a profit but 102%? Thats just trying to be greedy.....

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    First I only skimmed the past 10 pages... too much bitching and too much common sense being thrown back at it... One line of posts (and thinking) caught my eye however.

It is hording to me when all I have is 30 rounds of 9mm, and dont have the money to spend on any ammo.

Sounds like **** poor planning. I don't recall the last time I saw a 30 round box of ammo for sale.

Don't blame anyone but yourself for shooting all your ammo and then not buying any more, be it when you were or were not employed.

If you are unemployed (can't tell from your posts), you should NOT be shooting.

It boggles my mind how people can b*tch and whine about not having money while drinking a beer and smoking a cigarette.

Someone else said it and I'll repeat it: PRIORITIES!

Back in 2002 between my wife and I we'd shoot at least:
    4,000 7.62x39
    1,500 .223
    750 .308
    4,000-6000 9mm
    1,000 45acp
    and a few thousand of other misc rounds.
    A MONTH! during the spring/summer/fall.

I think I owned one .22lr at the time and never shot it.

Now that prices have increased (and resupply is harder) we shoot maybe 1,000 rounds of centerfire and 1-2k of .22lr a month.

I also am not foolish enough to shoot any caliber of ammo down to 30 rounds. What were you thinking?

For years the problem with "just in time" inventory has been warned of. Those who didn't listen, well there you sit. Those who couldn't afford to... tough nuts. Thems' the breaks.

I had a friend complaining recently along the same lines. Guy has just about every DVD of every movie released in the past 2 decades. He could have easily bought a few less movies (especially when ammo prices were lower) and he'd be sitting pretty right now.

You make your choices, now live with them. Same goes with getting fired, luck of the draw. Sounds harsh, but thats life. It's cruel and heartless sometimes. Welcome to the real world.

czar996

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    I dunno, I have heard of a lot of "churches" out in the southern hills doing a lot of group buy ammo. (Like pallets worth)

I certainly don't have a problem with that, but I sure would like to be able to go to my local walmart (or gun shop) and be able to get any common round like I used to! Maybe this will get some people thinking about opening an ammo factory and employ some persons that have been out of a job due to the otherwise crappy economy!?

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, when our ammo is gone, all we will have left is clubs (long guns) and stones (hand guns) unless our friends will give us some.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Don't think anyone has brought up this point either.....
    Whad do you see at Wal-Mart?
    Winchester
    Remington
    CCI
    Federal

What do you buy in bulk?
    Wolf
    Bear
    mil-surplus
    Black Hills

Can't find this at the local wally world, so don't blame the hoarders for wally world being empty!

Marshall74

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Michigan
    I only get mad when I want to go to the range for some casual plinking with the .22's AND I CAN'T FIND ANY! I would have a "modest" size of ammo, not a HUGE stockpile of 1K or more, if I could afford it. I don't have very much expendable income right now. I am not blaming those of you that do, and I congratulate you for it. However if you take into account "I buy what I can when I can, because I can" now the little guy, is left in the dust with not even a box of .22LR.

I mean really, I never though I would see a day when Walmart, and BassPro would both be sold flat-out of .22LR when just 5 days ago the shelves were stacked. It really is getting old hunting for ammo.

I am not really complaining (maybe a little) but I realize it is completely futile. Just remember that some people have to wait until Friday before they can even afford to get one of those 10 boxes of .22LR you just bought. I wont even mention .223 or .45acp.

I just ask that you realize that you are taking away from the people that don't want to HORDE the ammo. Like me, I can't just sit and stare at stacks of bullets. I GO SHOOTING!

.22lr,.223 and .45auto are easy to find here in Michigan. I just bought four 50 round boxes at Meijers the other night. So i've got that and the other 400 or so rounds that I'v had for over a year. Rifle ammo isnt hard to find here in Michigan, it's the 9mm and .40 s&w that is.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008

Wow, talk about cognitive dissonance. :)

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

That's the **** that pisses me off. People who voted for him, damn well knowing his gun policies.

Top Bottom