• Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Isn’t Amazon struggling lately?

Your Amazon Smile donations will continue to go to your chosen charity until February 20th. After that Smile will cease to exist and Amazon will chose who they donate to afterwards. If you don’t like it then don’t shop Amazon after February 20th. That’s what I am considering.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And you could do FAR more good just by writing a check. The percentage was ridiculously low. You could either just write a check for $20 to your charity of choice or spend $4,000 on Amazon to make the same impact.

Unless you were funneling high dollar/volume work purchases through smile, you werent doing THAT much good.
    I enjoyed just knowing that part of my purchases went to something that Amazon and the other large tech companies would never donate to if it were up to them. I fully expect that they will now donate exclusively to things that I don't support.

Isn’t Amazon struggling lately?

Your Amazon Smile donations will continue to go to your chosen charity until February 20th. After that Smile will cease to exist and Amazon will chose who they donate to afterwards. If you don’t like it then don’t shop Amazon after February 20th. That’s what I am considering.
    They're trying to balance their workforce with the current demand for services and goods but I don't know that I would say they are "struggling". They, like most others, just aren't making the gigantic profits they were a couple years ago.

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    Agreed. Every little bit counts. But this was indeed a little bit. Unfortunately too many relied ONLY on this to support their causes.
    Yes, but it adds up if enough people did it. Agree, donate more separately, but all combined is a decent amount IMO. It was basically free money in that it didn't cost the contributor anything and most were already using Prime. GOA info below:

1674137021365.png

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I enjoyed just knowing that part of my purchases went to something that Amazon and the other large tech companies would never donate to if it were up to them. I fully expect that they will now donate exclusively to things that I don't support.

They're trying to balance their workforce with the current demand for services and goods but I don't know that I would say they are "struggling". They, like most others, just aren't making the gigantic profits they were a couple years ago.
    Fair enough. I was just wondering if this is a belt tightening measure rather than a “you’re not giving to the correct charity “ sort of thing.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Fair enough. I was just wondering if this is a belt tightening measure rather than a “you’re not giving to the correct charity “ sort of thing.
    Depending on what orgs are getting the funds, it could be a little of both. If their pet projects were getting tons of cash and helping the way THEY want to help, I'm sure they would be less likely to end it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    And you could do FAR more good just by writing a check. The percentage was ridiculously low. You could either just write a check for $20 to your charity of choice or spend $4,000 on Amazon to make the same impact.

Unless you were funneling high dollar/volume work purchases through smile, you werent doing THAT much good.
    This is what I received in Dec as an update. Seems like a decent amount to me that was on top of direct donations, etc.

This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification. Your chosen charity, Second Amendment Foundation, recently received a quarterly donation of $27,450.47 from AmazonSmile. To date, Amazon has donated a total of:

• $424,315.17 to Second Amendment Foundation
    • Over $400 million to all US charities

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This is what I received in Dec as an update. Seems like a decent amount to me that was on top of direct donations, etc.

This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification. Your chosen charity, Second Amendment Foundation, recently received a quarterly donation of $27,450.47 from AmazonSmile. To date, Amazon has donated a total of:

• $424,315.17 to Second Amendment Foundation
    • Over $400 million to all US charities
    Im not saying lots of money didnt move to charity due to economy of scale. I'm just saying we could all make a MUCH larger impact if we just donated like we used to.

Top Bottom