• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Seems like rather than leaving an entire block of time completely uncovered it would be better to cut back some across the entire day. :dunno:
    EXACTLY, I've worked when We've had Insufficient Man Power and We always made it Work. I'd guess the Sheriff is wanting to UP his Payroll Budget by Political Arm Twisting.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    I met you the other day at the 1500. Can't remember if where you're from came up. I grew up just south of White River/Fort Ritner in Washington County. If the river is out at Sparksville the cavalry won't be coming from Jackson County.

Folks who live out there? They'll take care of business if needed.
    I’m in the White River bottoms between Brownstown and Medora. Been thru Ft Ritter and Sparksville many times. You’re right about taking care of business.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    If towns keep playing their politics on their PD's, they all will be looking for help.
    I know budgets have always been a fight to pass, but when Emergency Calls go to voice mail, something better happen.
    There are some salty Retired Lawdogs who might take up an offer to return and answer calls, just keep it civil and business, you might be surprised. Of course, needs to be fair to all.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    If towns keep playing their politics on their PD's, they all will be looking for help.
    I know budgets have always been a fight to pass, but when Emergency Calls go to voice mail, something better happen.
    There are some salty Retired Lawdogs who might take up an offer to return and answer calls, just keep it civil and business, you might be surprised. Of course, needs to be fair to all.
    Add: Yes, Country Rural folks do stay strapped, and all keep a 12 ga Broom handy to take out the trash.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Your first sentence is spot on. And I believe that is happening in many police departments. I'm not a big Dr. Phil fan. Although Joe Rogan had him on one of his episodes. Part of their discussion was on current day policing. Dr. Phil made a statement that the expectation of police now a days is they are to be counselors, psychologist and social worker. The job of the police is to enforce the laws of their city/town and state they are sworn in. NOT to be what was mentioned previously.

R3p1lc3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2024
    English
    Man I love this place(INGO). At the end of the day LEO's are people too and have to consider all the variables of their life like the rest of us citizens. I respect LEO's on principle first. There seems to be a surge of bad pr online for the LEO community lately and bad apples always need to be sorted out of any bushel. Hopefully good men of each community will stand however they can in their capacity to keep their families and communities safe.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Also with the way everyone videotapes everything police related and and edit it to show them in a bad light vs what actually happened during the interaction. It’s hard for them to do their jobs when they get push back from know it alls. I have respect for them bc of the bs they have to deal with and how their hands get tied from being a me to do their job.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Had some bad experiences about 10 years ago related to law enforcement. Giving the benefit of the doubt, let's just say sometimes the thugs make a better case than the actual victim. Having met Jamie Noel at the gun safety presentation he put on a few years back, I had high hopes for him as a Sheriff. Of course that didn't turn out so well. So all I can say is I sure hope Miller is being honest and can find the leverage needed to improve the situation for everybody involved.

Dingleberry

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 12, 2021
    Indiana
    County jail corrections are the same way. People in and out of a revolving door. Counties won't pay to keep their experience and jails have as much of not more liability than road cops.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    A lot of good points brought forward. Yes as a LEO, you do alter your lifestyle for your job. The demands are many, less rewards, in rough times, and sometimes you can do some good where you can.
    I've been told you are in a fishbowl of life, and everyone watches you swim around.

The video stuff is good and bad, depends on which side of the fence you are on.

Sadly, I've seen and known a few Officers that bend the rules, force a hand, and attempt to fix an ongoing issue. It doesn't always show up, till long times past.

I have also known a lot more who are the best of the best, and trust is there for all.
    It is an honor to work with them. Those guys suffer in silence, and just go on everyday.
    Some say, "just your job, do it", does anyone even realize how cheap that line is?
    Good luck in whatever you choose. Do your best, and be proud you did,

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Also with the way everyone videotapes everything police related and and edit it to show them in a bad light vs what actually happened during the interaction. It’s hard for them to do their jobs when they get push back from know it alls. I have respect for them bc of the bs they have to deal with and how their hands get tied from being a me to do their job.
    I am pretty upset with these internet pansies that call themselves "auditors". They go out, make as big of scene as they can by acting goofy, and Peace officers have to go out and figure out what kind of goofy they are. Then the worthless punks get really abusive and tie up all kinds of time. My community needs all the law enforcement they can get and these jerks with cameras are getting off wasting the resources. Of course they post on the internet, training others to do the same.

Top Bottom