• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    After recently seeing the no guns at our hospital sign, I'm now pondering.

Has anyone ever been Trespassed by an Indiana hospital as result of violating this policy and did it result in the hospital refusing to render future service to said person no matter how dire the circumstance?

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Not me... I saw those signs several times going in to visit my mom--this was pre-rona--and ignored them. What they didn't get to see never bothered anyone, but made me feel substantially better knowing it was with me the whole time.

Oh, this was usually at Community up by 82nd and 69 if that helps.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

Has anyone ever been Trespassed by an Indiana hospital as result of violating this policy and did it result in the hospital refusing to render future service to said person no matter how dire the circumstance?
    Sister was in a car wreck. Had her gun on her. They took it from her once she got to the hospital. It was placed at the security office. When she was discharged I went to the office and said. "I'm here to get [name]'s gun". The guy pulled it out of an unlocked cubby and handed it to me. No questions asked.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Depending on the hospital, it may or may not be able to tell visitors not to carry and enforce that request with trespass.

Depending on the circumstances, under federal law some hospitals are required to provide aid to emergency situations.

Apologies for the ambiguous answers to the ambiguous questions. C'est la vie.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Apologies for the ambiguous answers to the ambiguous questions. C'est la vie.
    Pfft. Ambiguous answers to ambiguous questions are putting my kids through college.

Anyhoo, whether or not someone here has that specific experience, legally speaking, it is possible.
    What if it's a Glock 7 ?
    You bring up an excellent point.

Last edited:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Sister was in a car wreck. Had her gun on her. They took it from her once she got to the hospital. It was placed at the security office. When she was discharged I went to the office and said. "I'm here to get [name]'s gun". The guy pulled it out of an unlocked cubby and handed it to me. No questions asked.

If I know the right name to speak, hospitals go from Gun Free Zones to Free Gun Zones?

Odds are good that eventually a John Smith will show up with a sidearm. Time is on my side...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Planned visit. Dress accordingly.
    ER.... I don’t remember caring too much about the sign...
    Depends on the hospital. Methodist and Eskanazi have criminal detention facilities in their ER along with metal detectors, so for those two, the signs do actually carry the weight of law.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Depends on the hospital. Methodist and Eskanazi have criminal detention facilities in their ER along with metal detectors, so for those two, the signs do actually carry the weight of law.
    That’s not “carrying the weight of law”. If your going into ER (As patient / unplanned) they can only confiscate for return. either way that’s not carrying the weight of law.
    Trespass only comes into play after they demand you leave, if your the ER patient... that’s an interesting legal position - to turn away an emergency due to a dress code policy.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom