• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Gingrich to America: The Supreme Court won't save you from my security measures

Former Bush AG's say some of Newt Gingrich's proposals on judicial reform are dangerous.http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...l-call-gingrich-position-on-courts-dangerous/

This is utterly terrifying.

EXCLUSIVE: Former Bush Attorneys General Call Gingrich Position On Courts 'Dangerous'

"As president I would say, I would instruct the national security apparatus to ignore the three most Supreme Court decisions on terrorism and I would say those are null and void and have no binding effect on the United States and in fact as commander in chief I would not tolerate a federal judge risking the safety of the United States with some misguided interpretation."

-- Newt Gingrich

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This is utterly terrifying.

EXCLUSIVE: Former Bush Attorneys General Call Gingrich Position On Courts 'Dangerous'

"As president I would say, I would instruct the national security apparatus to ignore the three most Supreme Court decisions on terrorism and I would say those are null and void and have no binding effect on the United States and in fact as commander in chief I would not tolerate a federal judge risking the safety of the United States with some misguided interpretation."

-- Newt Gingrich
    While I do agree that the judicial system needs reform in the sense that judges sometimes attempt to legislate from the bench I thought that this little gem you quoted stood out especially in light of the NDAA bill that's about to be signed.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I started to list about 100 possibilities, but that's tedious.

Let me tell you something this ol' Army sergeant learned a long time ago. Maintain your discipline of thought. Ask yourself, "What do I know, what do I think I know, what's my best guess, what don't I know."

Once I had a guy that was constantly late. I told him that the next time he was late, I would come down on him like a ton of bricks. Sure enough, a couple of days later he showed up to work late.

Like any hardass NCO worth his salt, I tore into him for being late. When I finally got around to asking him why he was late for the umpteenth time, he told me how his mother was dying and he had to apply for emergency leave to travel back home to the States to see her one last time.

It was a hard lesson in knowing the difference between what I know and what I think I know. Now, 25 years later, that disciplined thinking has stood me well.

I've avoided trouble many, many times in my life by saying, "It appears to me..." or "based on everything I know, I'm almost certain, but here are the factors I don't know..." My family and friends know that if I say something IS, it damned sure IS. And if it does turn out I'm wrong, the first thing I do is own up, and tell those of concern that I was wrong.

Of course, I'm not wrong very much.

I'll say it again. Your thinking is sloppy. That's a bad habit. It hurts your credibility, because others see it in you. Take that for what it's worth.
    This totally kicks butt with boots on. Thanks! I learned something from this.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Newt Gingrich said he would defy Supreme court rulings that he did'nt agree with.
    Newt Gingrich says as president he would ignore Supreme Court decisions that conflicted with his powers as commander in chief, and he would press for impeaching judges or even abolishing certain courts if he disagreed with their rulings.

Newt Gingrich says he'd defy Supreme Court rulings he opposed

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Chickenhawk record being exposed

Ron Paul Goes After Gingrich’s Military Record

There was one other issue I personally found annoying. He’s probably as aggressive with the military as anybody. He supports all the wars in Middle East. A thousand times more than if I would. But in the 1960s when he was drafted he got several deferments. He chose not to go. But he will send our kids to war. He said one person wouldn’t make a difference. He didn’t know how he could make a difference. I see that as important information. People should know that and it reflects on him.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    U.S. Marshals to arrest judges who disagree with Newt

Gingrich: President could send U.S. Marshals to arrest uncooperative judges, if necessary
    SCHIEFFER: Let me just ask you this and we’ll talk about enforcing it, because one of the things you say is that if you don’t like what a court has done, the congress should subpoena the judge and bring him before congress and hold a congressional hearing. Some people say that’s unconstitutional. But I’ll let that go for a minute.

I just want to ask you from a practical standpoint, how would you enforce that? Would you send the capital police down to arrest him?

GINGRICH: If you had to.

SCHIEFFER: You would?

GINGRICH: Or you instruct the Justice Department to send the U.S. Marshal.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Gingrich: President could send U.S. Marshals to arrest uncooperative judges, if necessary
    SCHIEFFER: Let me just ask you this and we’ll talk about enforcing it, because one of the things you say is that if you don’t like what a court has done, the congress should subpoena the judge and bring him before congress and hold a congressional hearing. Some people say that’s unconstitutional. But I’ll let that go for a minute.

I just want to ask you from a practical standpoint, how would you enforce that? Would you send the capital police down to arrest him?

GINGRICH: If you had to.

SCHIEFFER: You would?

GINGRICH: Or you instruct the Justice Department to send the U.S. Marshal.
    Hello, Mr. Lincoln, didn't realize you had risen from the dead?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Two U.S. Congressmen say that Gingrich lobbied them to vote for expanding gov't

Newt Gingrich went to multiple congressmen and pressed them to pass expansion of Medicare and prescription drug entitlements. This is lobbying, which he vehemently denies. Newt is a liar and a supporter of Big Government.

U.S. Representative Jeff Flake
    Former U.S. Representative Butch Otter

Two claim Gingrich lobbied in '03
    Flake and Otter, who have endorsed Mitt Romney for president, said about 30 Republican House members were holding out against the bill in the fall of 2003 because they feared the proposal would expand the federal deficit. Proponents brought in Gingrich, who addressed a private meeting of Republican House members, they recalled. “He told us, ‘If you can’t pass this bill, you don’t deserve to govern as Republicans,’ ” said Flake, who represents an Arizona district. “…If that’s not lobbying, I don’t know what is.”

Top Bottom