• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Sorry I closed the link but I can't believe no one has commented on this here. LOL.

I did comment back to him on facebook where R.S. is taking comments from viewers.
    Be sure to watch & read the article ...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    After searching a little I found what you're referring to. Looks like he is fishing for a little sensationalism trying to cash in on the "guns are news" craze. Rather than investigative research on a real story he can ride this wave till it peters out.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    After searching a little I found what you're referring to. Looks like he is fishing for a little sensationalism trying to cash in on the "guns are news" craze. Rather than investigative research on a real story he can ride this wave till it peters out.
    Rafael Sanchez using sensationalism? Say it ain't so! I've always found his brand of journalism to be unbiased and without any agenda.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It's a real concern for those who holster/unholster often like I do at work. It should not be an issue if you leave your handgun in it's holster when you dress/undress and during your day. Those jacket pulls can make their way into your trigger guard upon reholstering if they hang down too much. It's nothing new.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    It's a real concern for those who holster/unholster often like I do at work. It should not be an issue if you leave your handgun in it's holster when you dress/undress and during your day. Those jacket pulls can make their way into your trigger guard upon reholstering if they hang down too much. It's nothing new.

LINK: https://www.facebook.com/#!/WRTV6/p...4092/?type=1&comment_id=11966202&notif_t=like

I agree Denny - I CC a glock and WHEN I have to holster I am METICULOUSLY careful. ...

here is what I wrote to Rafael:
    1) I am actually shocked by the chief’s actions. He should have asked for a gun from behind the counter to compare; there was no need to un-holster his personal, loaded, EDC weapon. Even at stores with an indoor range – you are not to handle your weapon as the Chief did; you would likely be asked to leave and not return. 2) The mechanical “safety” - on ANY gun – is never 100% reliable. The MOST important safety on EVERY gun – is the thinking part between your ears. 3) Weapon Familiarity: I carry a Glock pistol myself. My “primary” holster and means of carry would leave the possibility of other clothing – not just a jacket draw string, interfering with the trigger. Therefore, I am very careful if and when I re-holster, and/or change holsters that the trigger guard is clear. This ties directly back to Note 2. 4) I have carried other types of pistols, with other types (thumb, typically) safeties. These can be bumped to fire position, and leave you with the same, situation and a false sense of security. I have also hunted with a shot-gun, when I was 12 to when I was 16, which had a failed mechanical safety that was discovered after I graduated to another gun. There were no ‘accidents’; but again – this goes to the prior notes and in particular note 2. 5) This warning you are mentioning / seeking, while you are point out an issue with Glock; would equally apply to a vast number of other pistols makes and models that have copied the ‘concept’ of the Glock Trigger. Many these other, similar pistols are also carried by other police departments and civilians.
    As others have said; if you are carrying for Self Protection – carry with the gun loaded. Doing otherwise will likely cost you your life, if you need to use it. And be sure you are familiar with your weapon’s operation, and get training on using it.
    As to cutting of the draw-string, I see that as at best a semi-helpful solution. Other clothing has been known to get caught, and if you carry concealed, beneath a shirt, or jacket – this can cause the same issue. The proper solution, in my opinion, is familiarity, and don’t mess with a loaded gun so casually.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I don't watch the 'Yellow Journalism' on the local stations. Can't trust anybody anymore.

"Journalism on the local stations" you have to be kidding. They have given up on real journalism and have become 100% news lazy. Every story is from 'whats trending on facebook'.

No reason to watch any local stations anymore. They are an extension of the 'Social Media Crap' swirling the 'Social Media Toilet'.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ahh yes, yes. Raphael "dirty" Sanchez.

Did you like the Minority Report-esque way he was moving around the graphics? Awarding winning creativity. The producer should be canned and never allowed to work in broadcasting ever again.

He did snip the drawstring at the end of the segment. I honestly couldn't tell if they were attempting to be informative or fear mongering. They made sure to note how widely used these ticking time-bombs were professionally and in private hands.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I have also hunted with a shot-gun, when I was 12 to when I was 16, which had a failed mechanical safety that was discovered after I graduated to another gun.

I had a pistol with a mechanical safety that I bought back in my "guns without mechanical safeties are a bad idea" days. I had just finished cleaning and reassembling it and was giving it a functional check when I discovered that the trigger pulled even with the safety engaged. I don't know how long it had been that way but I had apparently been carrying a firearm that I thought was "safer" than it really was. I took it to my LGS and had them send it in for repair so it works properly now. Mechanical safeties do break.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Wasn't that story(don't have time to review the link) part of the 'sheriff that shot himself twice' story? Officer seemed to be blaming the gun rather than him futzing with it as the problem.

I am mostly scared of my M&P when putting it in the holster. I realize the slights shirt balling up in the trigger guard or something else getting in there will make it go boom.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I had a pistol with a mechanical safety that I bought back in my "guns without mechanical safeties are a bad idea" days. I had just finished cleaning and reassembling it and was giving it a functional check when I discovered that the trigger pulled even with the safety engaged. I don't know how long it had been that way but I had apparently been carrying a firearm that I thought was "safer" than it really was. I took it to my LGS and had them send it in for repair so it works properly now. Mechanical safeties do break.

The trigger moving with the safety on isn't, in and of itself, indicative of a malfunction.

-J-

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    There was an ingoer a while back that had his go off due to a worn holster AFAIR. It happens. I like safeties (not on the trigger) for carry.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom