• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    This is an early one... I fessed up to my wife about the Bersa .45 that I bought earlier this year.

My new years res is to not hide my gun purchases from my loving wife.

I also pledge to help my wife apply for her license and purchase of her first handgun.

Having your wife as your range buddy, and home defense backup is priceless.

I can think of no one else I would prefer to have for either of those rolls either.

I love you Kris and look forward to many more years together. :x

:yesway: :rockwoot:

(a premptive screw you guys to anybody that flips me shiz) :cool:

Last edited:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Here's what I wrote on my myspace blog (with a few edits).

---------------------------------------------------------

It's that time of year to be thinking of the ways you can improve your life, reflect on the things you've done over the past year, and think of ways you can move forward and learn from your mistakes.

So first and foremost, Lars and I may have an awesome opportunity come our way later this year. It's rather complicated, though, and we're still working out the details.

So, whether that happens or not, my New Year Resolutions are centered around that possibility:

1) Learn more patience. I focus on this daily, and every now and then I'll send a quick prayer for God to teach me patience. (Once He responded by immediately putting me behind a car going ten miles under the speed limit for my entire thirty minute drive home. I laughed and appreciated His lesson.) But I think this year, I'll need it in droves. Not just for me, but for my husband as well. :)

2) Pay more attention to those around me and truly show them I love them. I tend to come home from work and immediately enclose myself in my office and play on the computer until it's time for bed. I need to spend more time with Lars.

3) Do the laundry. At least once weekly. And more importantly, fold it and put it away. Lars and I talked this week about going through all of our clothes and making a trip (or six) to GoodWill. I told him we should thin out our wardrobes enough to make it so that alllll of our clothes either fit in a dresser or in the closet and are hanging or folded. Everything else goes away. This is mostly my problem, not his. But we have a LOT of extra clothes, and some of them are hardly worn.

4) Keep training and keep practicing. If we do get this opportunity, funds for training will be minimal, if existent at all, but training is important, as well as continuing to practice what we've learned. Being able to defend ourselves and those around us will be even more important over the next few years, I think.

Hmm.. I need to think about this some more. Everyone have a very happy and safe New Year celebration!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Improved self-discipline. A number of issues are wrapped under that general heading. First task- read that self-discipline book that I bought, but never read last year. And yes, procrastination is one of those issues... :)

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    Gain 20lbs+, grow up, make up my mind about going back to school or going back to work for the man. Finish the supra.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    munky & homeless... i'll give you the 20 pounds I gained this year, if you want.

For the record.. I hate changing medications. >.<

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I also pledge to help my wife apply for her license and purchase of her first handgun.

This year is starting off soooo well! Saturday the wife and I are hitting Pop Guns, cause its closest to the house, then PSS and Bradis. Shopping for a handgun for the wife.

This is so friggen awesome word can't describe it. lol :D:D:D

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    My New Year's Resolution is to stay out of the damn hospital!

Seriously... I was in there 3 times last year!

Top Bottom