• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    David Codrea at the Gun Rights Examiner has been running articles on New Years Gun Rights Resolutions. Well worth the read for gun owners. I especially like today's.
    From The Gun Rights Examiner
    New Year's gun rights resolution: Don't spread unverified internet rumors

So far, all of the suggestions I've made for Examiner.com's New Year's resolution special project have been recommendations to do something. Today I'm asking you not to do something:

I will not pass along emails about gun bills without first verifying them with a credible source.

We've all seen the emails that have somehow morphed the Blair Holt bill with the almost-a-decade-old Senate bill 2099 requiring us to register our guns on our IRS filing--along with a $50 fee. More recently, I've been discouraging correspondents from buying into the one about a Vermont legislator introducing a bill to require gun ownership. See the "related articles" links for why.

It's tough enough getting gun owners to respond to real threats or opportunities without frivolously mobilizing and alarming them, wasting everybody's time and energy on distortions and non-issues.

Here's a good rule of thumb if you get an email urging action, including that you SEND IT TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!! Does it have a link to a credible source? If not, you owe it to yourself--and to the people you would forward it to, to do a bit of research to determine its validity instead of just blindly passing it along.

And for goodness sake, if you do forward it, please use "BCC" (blind carbon copy) instead of listing everyone's edress for every other recipient to see (and forward, and send a "reply to all" to, and add to their lists...). If you wonder how that Nigerian widow trying to dispose of her late husband the oil minister's fortune came up with your name to send those millions to, chances are it's not because anyone thinks you'd make a particularly astute investment partner.
    Be sure to read the others he has listed at the bottom.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I get tired of the rumor about Indiana doing away with the LTCH or doing away with the lifetime LTCH. Verify some facts before posting nonsense.

Oh, wait it is the internet.

:ingo:

Top Bottom