• Buy New, Used, or Other

• Total voters

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    I've seen new Gen 4 Glock 19s listed at my LGS for $600. I see them on Gander Mtn. online for $700. Cheaper than Dirt for $550.
    Used Glocks seem to be going anywhere from $475-$550 or so, depending on sights and extras.

I can get a new stock Gen 4 Glock after shipping, tax, and FFL for $580. Is that an uncommonly decent deal for a new Glock Gen 4, or is it pretty average for those who know where to buy? I'm trying to decide whether to buy new, or wait and with a lot of luck of timing find a listing on INGO.

I have a FEG Hi-Power and I'm thinking of purchasing a M&P Shield. The Hi-Power would be for fun at the range, the Shield for deep concealment and/or summer carry. The 19 would be for 50% carry, range, if I ever compete in a match, and SHTF.

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    OK, so a Gen 4 19 for $539, but after tax, it's pushing $580, then shipping, then an FFL fee. So, maybe about $50 or so on top of the after tax amount?

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I would never pay over $600 for a glock unless it had some serious mods. I'd rather have a $450 used glock with 1000rds through it than a new one for $550+tax.... point being, glocks are ugly anyways, so who cares about wear, and if it has 1000rds through it, you know that SOB runs.

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    Good point

I would never pay over $600 for a glock unless it had some serious mods. I'd rather have a $450 used glock with 1000rds through it than a new one for $550+tax.... point being, glocks are ugly anyways, so who cares about wear, and if it has 1000rds through it, you know that SOB runs.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I paid about 575 for a new gen 4 19 from a local gun store a month or so ago. MC Sports in Bloomington could beat their price, but the people in the LGS were supporting a program I support, so I voted with my dollars in their favor.

So, 580 seems like a medium price for a new gen 4 19 and you could find a cheaper one used sometime on here that will likely be hardly shot at all (people don't seem to shoot much).

My vote is, buy one used or new. I like mine.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    rumor has it, there is a gen 4 19 for 600 with night sights and a holster in the for sale.

ive personally been eyeing it for a week now.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I bought a brand new G19 in the classifieds here for $500 even. It was USA made and I'm actually the 3rd owner, but it was never fired. I posted a WTB and I just had to be patient and wait for the deal to come along. It took about 2 weeks.

A local gun store should be able to do close to $525-530 if you pay cash. Have you asked your LGS what their bottom dollar low price is? Just be patient. Don't pay close to $600. Used at $450 is a better deal. And if you do it right you can get a holster thrown in at that price too.

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    Taking that advice.

I bought a brand new G19 in the classifieds here for $500 even. It was USA made and I'm actually the 3rd owner, but it was never fired. I posted a WTB and I just had to be patient and wait for the deal to come along. It took about 2 weeks.

A local gun store should be able to do close to $525-530 if you pay cash. Have you asked your LGS what their bottom dollar low price is? Just be patient. Don't pay close to $600. Used at $450 is a better deal. And if you do it right you can get a holster thrown in at that price too.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Agree with being patient, posting a WTB and continuing to watch the classifieds. I bought a G17 gen 4 from the classifieds last week for $450. Deals are there, just have to keep an eye out :)

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    Lots of great advice in here. I am thinking about 450.00 should get it done for a good G19 or G17. What I have noticed in the forums is that there is not a lot of room for negotiation on price. It has been my experience that if a guy has a weapon posted at X dollars he means X dollars. Lots of good people on here though. Never hurts to ask if they could go lower.

Good Luck. I am probably going to put something up in WTB too. I will wait a while and see how yours goes and to try to stay out of your way.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I had a Keltec P11 bnib that I got in a trade deal, I only had about $100 in it. I found a very used Glock 17 at the 1500, so I traded the Keltec plus $50 and now have a nice Glock. I know this isn't any help to you, but deals can always be found and/or generated if you are patient.
    glock.jpg

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    You already own an FEG Hi-Power? Is there a reason that you don't just get a good holster for it, and rock the old school for carry? I know its not the latest and greatest, but I have had a G26, and honestly, its not much more to carry my Hi-Power than the little glock was before I passed it off to the next guy.

Im not trying to discourage away from the glock, but it you already have a very capable platform that would perform in the CC role, why clutter the safe?

brentt2010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Speedway
    I would personally say wait for the better deal. As much as glocks are sold and traded you should be able to find a good deal sooner than later.

Top Bottom