• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Awhile ago, I asked for roofers names, and I received a TON of responses, but I have a request.

Who out there does steel roofs? I mean knows what the heck they are doing on the west side?

I've found from travelling up in Wisconsin, steel roofs are the way to go, cheaper, and more durable.

Let me have some feedback.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Davied Brooks / Specialty Guttering Inc./ 254-4565. I would be surprised if Dave is not already a member here. Great guy who runs a solid longstanding company out of Indy. He is also an avid hunter and shooter. I probably said to much already. Give him a call. I was the project manager on his own residence build. Of course his company did the metal roof.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I have thought strongly about a steel roof for my house next, but I have never heard they are cheaper, quite the opposite.

Regular roofers will tell you that..............yes, I talked to a few, but if you go to Menards, who will help you get the right stuff, and especially the good stuff, we've found they can cost half of a regular roof. That's not to say there might be a few bumps like replacing OSB or other little things.

My insurance agent is also looking into my rates decreasing a bit, due to them not being so succeptable to hail damage.

My goal, replace this roof for the rest of my life...............knock wood. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Gave this some thought but my roof has way to many changes and odd angles from adding on and such. Stuck with the regular roofing materials and it is due again soon.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Here's my steel roof. Went with 26 ga. Insurance paid for most of it. Looks a lot better then crappy shingles coming off with a big wind.

Top Bottom