• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    It looks like this new range has been open about a month or so.
    Precisiongunrange.co
    Has anyone from here been there yet?
    Membership fees look kinda high at first glance. Just wondering if it is worth it.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I haven't shot there yet but have stopped in to visit twice. The covered outdoor stalls are nice enough. They don't have dividers up yet between the stations but the stations are really wide. If it is not crowded that should not be a problem (flying brass). I don't think you have to be a member to shoot there. They have pipes buried at the usual yardages that they put wood strips down into with some kind of poster board stapled across the two for you to put your targets on. There is always a range officer on the line when someone is shooting. The guy I talked to two weekends ago said that they are going to put in some kind off improvements to block off cold air and have a little heat during the cold weather. If we give them enough of our dollars I think they will make a go of it. Seeing that we don't have much else near us in Bloomington we better start supporting them!

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    I have not.. but my coworkers have been there, (One Marine, One Army and one regular gun nut like the rest of us). They said it had some minor issues that you would expect from a new/underconstruction range.
    I was told that it's clean the staff is nice and it seems to be well run.

Rarejewell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Metro Indy
    Definitely going to keep on eye on this thread as I have a in-laws that we visit on a regular basis and stopping to shoot might be an extra bonus (I like my in-laws).

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Chickenman and I were there Sunday and shot on the pistol lanes and the rifle lanes. It looks like there is still a lot of improvements in the works.
    We really enjoyed visiting with the folks there. A place to shoot which is this close to B'town is a real asset.

I decided to shoot there a few times over a period of time, bring the wife, see how things develop. It's definitely on my list of places to shoot now.

I really hope it works out for these folks.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Used to live about 2 miles from there years ago. Glad to see it. Anyone know the walk-in range rate? Didn't see it on the web site.

Standard membership $250. Yikes!

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Used to live about 2 miles from there years ago. Glad to see it. Anyone know the walk-in range rate? Didn't see it on the web site.

Standard membership $250. Yikes!
    $25.00/Hr. is what we paid. It,s figured in even hour increments.(no 1/2 hour charges) They gave us a timer for us to start when our first round was fired, then they checked it when we checked back in. That way there was no discrepancy. We all knew how long we shot, and were able to pack up in plenty of time to avoid another hour of charges.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Schafe,
    Was that $25 for both shooters or $25 for each shooter?
    We both shot on the same lane for that price. Since there weren't many folks there, and there weren't clear lane divisions, we were allowed to have targets on two separate stands, shooting at the same time.
    I'm fairly sure that was just some extra "customer service". Not sure if that would be typical, though.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Very glad to hear about this place, even though it's practically in Spencer. I wish we had something within a 10 min drive from downtown Bloomington (I still hear stories about the old shotgun range that was near the university golf course).

This is a great thing though, to have a spot that close. I hope they get plenty of business. I was sad to hear that Triple H gun club in Linton was shut down (still is, I assume??) even though they were only shotguns.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Very glad to hear about this place, even though it's practically in Spencer. I wish we had something within a 10 min drive from downtown Bloomington (I still hear stories about the old shotgun range that was near the university golf course).

This is a great thing though, to have a spot that close. I hope they get plenty of business. I was sad to hear that Triple H gun club in Linton was shut down (still is, I assume??) even though they were only shotguns.

I used to shoot at that range near the golf course as a kid. The family that taught me to shoot were members, my mother was pretty anti-gun but would let me go with them, and we would go down there on the weekends sometimes. Really great place. Too bad IU didn't care for it.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... Of course the alternative is buying land and shooting there for free. It's all a matter of perspective I guess. YMMV

This is a false choice. Other alternatives include other ranges and clubs. For example, Riley CC is only 36 min west and less than half the price. There are also $8/half hr ranges in Indy. There's a beautiful range I visit when we travel to the folks - again $8/half hour. Etc.

If I need something close and quick I might consider the new Spencer place. It helps to know from post #12 that more than one person may be able to shoot on a lane. That changes the calculation a bit.

Don't for a minute get the impression that I'm cheap about such things. Family exp have been well over $2k on training, plus ammo, plus travel over the last few years.

People have to make a living. People are free to charge what they want. I'm just saying that at first glance it seems on the high end for such things. Still, glad to see more options in the Bloomington area. I'd like to see 20 alternatives in the counties surrounding Bloomington just to drive the liberals nuts.

Last edited:

dancrichy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I need to check this place out. I wish they had it when I was at college there. We had to drive to Atterbury. I am excited to try this place out when I go back there for reunions and games. But excited to try it out, even though it looks pretty expensive.

Top Bottom