• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    A Spanish ammunition maker has developed a new polymer case that they are bringing to market. Let's hope that it works better than some prior attempts.

http://extremepolymer.blogspot.com/

The good news for the future is that we will soon be able to "print" our own ammunition with our replicators. No more threads on INGO about confused clerks at Wal-Mart; that will drop activity on INGO by 25%.:D

For more infomation please see our favorite Kiwi at The Firearm Blog:

The Firearm Blog | Gun, Tactical & Hunting News

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It's interesting if we can get cheaper and lighter ammo for our guns, but I can already hear the anti-gun people saying that a round of ammunition made of plastic is a threat to the security in airports and such.
    Just like they said the Glocks "all plastic guns" could go through metal detectors and all those silly things that we know, as gun owners, are not true.
    But of course the general public, as always, will follow what the media say.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Sylvain, here in the States the polymer casing has been tried before with less than optimal results. Have you seen them for sale in France before (not counting the caseless ammo that the Austrians and Germans tried)?

I hope this Spanish version works. Just image before reloading sitting down at the printer to "print" off a batch of 500 cases.:laugh:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Sylvain, here in the States the polymer casing has been tried before with less than optimal results. Have you seen them for sale in France before (not counting the caseless ammo that the Austrians and Germans tried)?

I hope this Spanish version works. Just image before reloading sitting down at the printer to "print" off a batch of 500 cases.:laugh:

I must be really ignorant.

I never heard of them and never seen any of them for sale (both in France and in the US). :dunno:
    If the results where less than optimal it's maybe why I never heard of them.
    Im just aware of some ammo with plastic bullets used for training by some police units, but no plastic casings.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    We used to see plastic cased, low power 30-06 cartridges, a few places in southern Africa. They were short range military training rounds if I remember correctly. Don't recall which military though.

An outfit called Activ used to sell all plastic shotgun hulls in the US.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Like im say im not the ammo expert.
    I even never heard of them or see them for sale in the US. :dunno:

PCA, NATEC and Spectrum made poly cased .223, dismal stuff. Used to be fairly available here in the US (Natchez used to have it on their website a few years ago but "sold out" always).

I tried to shoot some, what a nightmare...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The Active shotshells functioned very well.

I bought a few cases of 20 gauge when they went on blow out sale at Galyan's and then used my employee discount to get them for pennies a shell. They ran through my Beretta 303 without a hitch.

I think I still have a few boxes.

Top Bottom