• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    So one of my customers tells me today that she went to a Utah non res class in southern indiana and the instructor told her that OC is legal without a carry license in Indiana.

I like to think im pretty up to date with the current gun laws but this is the first time ive ever heard this. I know its legal to OC in Kentucky without a license but this is the first time ive heard this one.

She also told me that Obama already signed the UN treaty and it will make it impossible to get into a gun shop lol.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Indiana has a "License to Carry Handgun". It does not specify open or concealed. It is against Indiana code to carry a handgun without a license. Others will be along shortly to elaborate.

Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    Indiana has a "License to Carry Handgun". It does not specify open or concealed. It is against Indiana code to carry a handgun without a license. Others will be along shortly to elaborate.

Im aware of this. My point is an instructor telling them something that could land them in jail.

Thanks for the link though. Ill be sure to tell her to read it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    And you should tell who the instructor is because someone teaching a class on laws and regulations sure as hell should know them.

Agreed.

Is it possible that the student misunderstood, though? I can see how new-comers can easily misunderstand the difference.

Did she say her instructor actually said the UN treaty had been signed and adopted? Or is that she just picked that up from her LGS?

Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    Agreed.

Is it possible that the student misunderstood, though? I can see how new-comers can easily misunderstand the difference.

Did she say her instructor actually said the UN treaty had been signed and adopted? Or is that she just picked that up from her LGS?

She said she picked that up from a guy she is subscribed to on youtube :laugh:

Her sources of info are full of fail

It is very possible that she misunderstood some things, im def going to point her to the state website as she is thinking about starting to carry daily.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    What is the point of gossiping about an ignorant (and anonymous) instructor on INGO? Just correct the problem if you didn't want advice or confirmation.

IMO a third hand story about what she said he said has no point, especially without names or specifics.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    She said she picked that up from a guy she is subscribed to on youtube :laugh:

Her sources of info are full of fail

It is very possible that she misunderstood some things, im def going to point her to the state website as she is thinking about starting to carry daily.

Wait...wut....youtube sources are unreliable?

When did this happen?:D

Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    What is the point of gossiping about an ignorant (and anonymous) instructor on INGO? Just correct the problem if you didn't want advice or confirmation.

IMO a third hand story about what she said he said has no point, especially without names or specifics.

My bad, guess i should have put it in the break room. Didnt know i had to be asking for advice.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    So one of my customers tells me today that she went to a Utah non res class in southern indiana and the instructor told her that OC is legal without a carry license in Indiana.

I like to think im pretty up to date with the current gun laws but this is the first time ive ever heard this. I know its legal to OC in Kentucky without a license but this is the first time ive heard this one.

She also told me that Obama already signed the UN treaty and it will make it impossible to get into a gun shop lol.

MANY news outlets reported bad info when the changes were made to the LTCH laws last year..
    I spotted several that stated you did not need a LTCH to open carry.. it is bad info and that guy needs to stop teaching classes if he gets those points wrong..

Top Bottom