New member to the family.. (Warning: Sickening Photos)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Donations needed...

I'm honored to say that Lucky Dog Retreat has decided to pay for Maya's surgery and will be accepting any and all donations to put toward the fund. Her surgery is scheduled for February 15th. Please feel free to donate here: Chip-in for Maya | Anything at all will be much appreciated and will definitely go to a good cause.

:ingo:

(mods if I'm unable to post this please delete this post)

29lbs.
    picture.php

29lbs.
    picture.php

29lbs.
    picture.php

29lbs.
    picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

42lbs.
    picture.php

42lbs.
    picture.php

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Wow, she looks like my Sadie. Those "before" pics are hard to look at. Major props for taking her in.

Made a small donation, it's not much, but I am also sharing on facebook so maybe that will help..

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Matthew 25:40

And the King answering shall say unto them, "Verily, I say to you, Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me"

I believe that this could also apply for Maya. Your compassion, love, sacrifice, and comfort won't go overlooked or unrewarded.

Bravo!

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Sent what little I could right now... Thank you for opening your heart and home to an animal who so desperately needed what you've given. Maya looks like she's recovered more than I could have imagined from those first pics, and no matter how long you get to have her, every single day is yet another blessing she wouldn't have otherwise. Thank you yet again!!!

Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    Good job and congrats to you. As a pet owner and someone that rescued a few cats and dogs also, the pleasure you receive from this dog is well worth the effort. Good on yaz!

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    INGO will cover the rest. You can have them send the bill to

INGO LLC
    PO Box 853
    Fishers, 46038

Thank you for saving her!

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    My number one pet peeve in life is people that are cruel to animals, there is no excuse for it. The previous owner needs to be strung up by the balls.
    Looks as if you have done a wonderful job with her, I'm glad there are people out there with big hearts, it gives me hope for mankind which sometimes seems hopeless. A big +1 to you.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    INGO will cover the rest. You can have them send the bill to

INGO LLC
    PO Box 853
    Fishers, 46038

Thank you for saving her!

Words just cant explain the generosity of people on this forum. Our family cannot thank you enough for all your donations and willingness to pay off this surgery and I know Maya thanks all of you as well.

She is currently on antibiotics for both of her eyes until she can get in to Surgery on Feb. 15th. They said the surgery should only last that day and we can take her back home that night as long as everything goes well. They are removing a part of her eyelid on both eyes, therefore she will have stitches in both eyes that will last about two weeks. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on her progress including pictures.

Once again, thank you all for your support! It will not be forgotten!

:ingo:

DaCash4GunsGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Like a few minutes alone with an "owner" like that

Think it would be nice to show them what its like to be treated less than perfect. Love my pets.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Update:

Maya went in for her surgery early this morning. I just received a phone call from the vet and she said she is doing great. We are heading out around 5 to pick her up and bring her home. Thank you all for your donations. This wouldn't have been possible without all your help! Pics coming soon :yesway:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Looking forward to them!

Update:

Maya went in for her surgery early this morning. I just received a phone call from the vet and she said she is doing great. We are heading out around 5 to pick her up and bring her home. Thank you all for your donations. This wouldn't have been possible without all your help! Pics coming soon :yesway:

rby1rby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Delphi
    It is heart warming to hear good stories(as far as your part) like this.
    Glad to hear the surgery went well
    I wish there were stiffer laws for animal abuse
    We just rescued a boy 8 months ago & now he is back in good health and part of our family for years to come.

Top Bottom