• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bat54r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My wife and I promised our daughters if they kept up on the grades and their chores we would get them a puppy, well they held up their end of the bargain so here she is.
    They named her Bindi and she's a blue heeler.
    100_2755.jpg

100_2756.jpg

100_2760.jpg

In true heeler style she doesn't sit still long and she is into everything, but I think she'll be a great dog. So wish us luck ;)

bat54r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Very nice...How large do heelers get?

Geez, I can't wait for the GSD puppy I'm going to buy hits 8 weeks old.
    This is my first heeler but from what I've seen and read about 35 to 45 lbs.
    Her mom was 35 lbs and 13 inches at the shoulder and her father was 40 lbs and 14" at the shoulder. Early congrats on the new pup...post some pics:)

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    Is this your first heeler!? Prepare your self for an entertaining amount of action,and buy lots of chew sticks. Don't discipline to hard or you will ruin it's spirit but you have to be firm. family and friends use them for stock dogs,good luck and keep us informed

bat54r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks everyone for the positive comments and advice. We just completed our second day with her and we love her to death. On the upside not one accident in the house today, :rockwoot:all of us are helping with the potty training and Bindi is catching on real quick. The only down side is the needle sharp puppy teeth, we all have a few little battle scars and we are working on correcting this but puppies will be puppies. Tomorrow when I get home from work I'm going to hook her up to a leash and see how that goes, she's a single minded and strong willed little devil but also seems very anxious to please so it may go better than expected. Once again thank you.
    -Bret-

Top Bottom