• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    Well after a month and a half of being run through hoops by the mortgage co, my girlfriend and I got to sign the papers and move in to our house in Avon. Nice little neighborhood. Spent the weekend moving and having some friends over, then took a stroll around with the pup and met some neighbors. Big change from BRipple, but I like it. Now the big question is......Whats the best way downtown from there for work everyday and whats the best way home?

I work 7:45 - 4 or so. Anyone got any advice on making y commute a bit easier?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I grew up in that area, and actually live just north of you now. Heck, even lived near the 'Ripple for 8 years! Welcome to the west side.

Anyway, what part of Avon? Traffic is pretty heavy on about any read to the east, but your early start will help a lot. Is the construction on 465 still closing any of the east/west overpasses?

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    What part of Avon do you live? That will make a difference as to how I answer your question. Are you north or south of 36? 100N? 100S? East or west of 267? Don't need to provide an exact address or anything, but general location will help.

I just moved away from there because of the overcrowding... I know all the quickest routes.

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    I live at 36 and Dan Jones and this works best for me. 10th and Dan Jones (800E) is closed so you are probably better off taking 36 East to 465. Go 465 South to Sam Jones Expressway East. Enter 70 East to Downtown.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I know 36 is usually hammered during rush hour from Avon to the interstate. How does Morris Street (100 S) look in the mornings? I would occasionally take it in to High School Rd., up to 36/Rockville, and then into town.

At the very least, that may help bypass the Avon traffic up to about Girl School Rd. Should be able to make downtown in 30 minutes or so.

Top Bottom