• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

cqbm4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Hello everyone Names Mike and I just moved here from Califorina. Ya i know the state known for there great Gun Laws hahaha. I do not own any fire arms the only thing I have is airsoft guns. Not your cheap ones from walmart. Ive spent mass money and i am very much in to Milsim and Tactical war gameing.

But all tho i will never get away from wut i love i think its time to get in to real steel. i dont know much bout your Laws out here and ever website i go to dosent really give me to much detail. I am your bout to turn 23 on the 23rd this month. Im not one of the thugs liveing in Indy. I belive in gun laws but the rite to carry and own with out the ATF, FBI, and the state all over you like Califorina. I live in Indy and i found Dons gun Shop ive asked a few people and the say thats a great place to go. I am looking in to buying My first Firearm here soon. A 9mm.

but other then that just want to let you know thats im looking forward to talking to all you and getting sum very good info bout firearms and your Law's.

Mike

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Hi, and welcome to the site!

Don't go to Don's. Bad Idea.

I strongly recommend you get together with some of the people on the board (I'm sure you'll get offers) and shoot a few different guns to get an idea of what you like. Each brand, each model, each generation is different, and you'll get a huge variation in opinions on what the best gun for you is. Getting what the guy at the counter tells you to get is *usually* not the way to go.

Also, when you apply for your License to Carry a Handgun (LTCH) .. (which is NOT a CCW btw) .. get the lifetime version. We're the only state that has it. You cannot legally transport a firearm anywhere, except for some very small exclusions (and going to the range to practice technically isn't one of them) without your LTCH.

Finally, be sure to get some good training under your belt. It really is a GOOD thing. :D

Be sure to poke around in all the different forums. You'll find quite a bit of extremely useful information! :)

cqbm4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Sounds great and thanks for the Info. But are you saying i need a LTCH to buy a gun or just need one in order to go to a range? And were would i be able to get one?

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Sounds great and thanks for the Info. But are you saying i need a LTCH to buy a gun or just need one in order to go to a range? And were would i be able to get one?
    An LTCH is not required to purchase a firearm, no.

However, in order to transport that firearm anywhere besides between your place of residence and your place of employment (although there has been some discussion on the interpretation of the wording), you should have your LTCH with you. It is a license to carry, open or concealed, so therefore in order to carry it anywhere (including your vehicle), you should have a valid license.

I encourage you to look through the Carry Issues and Self Defense forum, but here are some threads that might help you out:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...se/8096-wanting_to_apply_for_ltch_how_to.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_issues_and_self_defense/6875-current_ccw_wait.html

The short answer is: you need to go to your local PD and fill out some paperwork, get some fingerprints done, attach a couple of money orders (not personal checks or credit cards, usually) and wait for a couple of months.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008

Welcome!

Technically, in Indiana once you buy a handgun you can take it home. Getting it to and from a range TECHNICALLY requires a carry permit. Just get your LTCH, it makes life easier.

Dons? Bad idea. Prices are WAY WAY overpriced. At least go to Pop's Guns, and there are even better places than that.

Get some good training, and read very carefully the laws on use of force. Your airsoft gaming gives you some very good practical skills, but firearms are different in several ways, most importantly of which is a mistake can cost a life or your freedom.

That being said, welcome! Read, meet some folks, and have some fun.

BTW, breathe in the air of firearm freedom (as compared to California at least).

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I say go to don's take note of their prices, then go anywhere else if you want a good laugh. Don's is willing to negotiate if you tell them another store has the same gun for a lower price though. I got my Hi-Point C9 for $189 at don's with 2 magazines and a hard case. They originally wanted $239 for the C9 and 1 magazine.

Looking back, I could have done alot better on the C9 price, but it was my first handgun purchase, and I didn't really know what else was out there.

I have gone to pop guns a few times for their indoor range, and I have heard alot of good things about plainfield shooting supplies.

Anyways, WELCOME TO INGO!

cqbm4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    WELL I want to thank all of you gor this great info I am looking forward to finally own firearms. thank you Again

obhie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2008
    Welcome! :welcome:

If you're on the west side check out Plainfield Shooting Supply, good selection and awesome folks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom