• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    I just recently picked one of these up and took it out for the first time today. Never been a Taurush fan but have heard nothing but praise about these. Trigger pull is a little long but is pretty darn accurate for its size and nevery missed a lick with no malfunctions. I'm very happy with it for the money especially.

Miata driver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Kokomo
    I purchased mine yesterday. Not only was it my first Taurus purchase but it was the first time ever purchasing a gun. I can't wait until I can get to the range!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I am no fan of Taurus at all. However when I first moved to a place I could carry everyday, 8 yrs ago. Then I was carrying a similar gun as it was a nice small package and I had not realized I could carry openly so I was always trying to conceal. It was an easy pistol to hide and it did shoot well for me but it was a Millennium Pro PT100.

I have since sold it to a fellow INGOer and now carry a Ruger 9E openly or an LCR Concealed these days. :dunno:

Mr.Softball

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Perry County
    I have one and it is super accurate for me plus you get 2 - 12 round clips. No problems with it and I have shot over 200 rounds of WWB and 24 rounds of 124 grain Ranger hollow points.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Why is it that when someone tries to politely correct someone else, when they are using the wrong word, they are called a grammar nazi? Calling a magazine a clip is like calling bacon sausage. Even if bacon was wrongly referred to as sausage often enough that everyone knew what they meant, they would still be calling it the wrong thing.

So, here goes.
    A clip, is a device used to hold ammunition in a more easy to load state, separate from the gun, that is then loaded into the magazine.

A magazine is attached to the firearm, either permanently, or is removable, and it stores the ammunition in a ready state to actually be loaded into the firearm by the action.

We all know what you mean when you say clip, but your still using the wrong word. It doesnt mean your dumb, so please dont think thats what I mean, everyone misuses the terms. Just letting you know.

Alot of people do not know the difference. Thats why its important to tell people, and not call people nazis for doing so.

Last edited:

kblazer87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Lots of folks bring the hate when Taurus is mentioned on here, but I have and shoot a lot of them and have never had an issue with any of them. I too have a PT111 and like it, especially as it was my father's. When he passed I got it. It will be passed along to my son when he returns from military service. I hope you enjoy yours for many years.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Why is it that when someone tries to politely correct someone else, when they are using the wrong word, they are called a grammar nazi? Calling a magazine a clip is like calling bacon sausage. Even if bacon was wrongly referred to as sausage often enough that everyone knew what they meant, they would still be calling it the wrong thing.

So, here goes.
    A clip, is a device used to hold ammunition in a more easy to load state, separate from the gun, that is then loaded into the magazine.

A magazine is attached to the firearm, either permanently, or is removable, and it stores the ammunition in a ready state to actually be loaded into the firearm by the action.

We all know what you mean when you say clip, but your still using the wrong word. It doesnt mean your dumb, so please dont think thats what I mean, everyone misuses the terms. Just letting you know.

Alot of people do not know the difference. Thats why its important to tell people, and not call people nazis for doing so.

Or a magazine is a building where you store your powder and shot. In the US Army Ordinance requirement for the 1911 they said it needed a removable clip. The specific restricted use is a new thing. And I call them Nazi's because there are folks on here who will jump all over someone for what they perceive to be an incorrect use of a word.

Now pardon me while I go place some new clips I got in my magazine. :D

stocks52

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    Warsaw
    I have a PT111 Millennium G2. It's a nice pistol. I also have a Taurus 709 Slim, but can't get mags for it. Taurus says they are on order, but I have been told that for months. Mags for the Taurus 709 Slim are selling on Ebay for over $100 each!!

mannus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Mecgar Sig P226 mags will work in the PT111 G2. I have range tested this myself using an 18-round mag as a b/u mag. Go forth.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Congrats. Shoot the heck out of it and try to make it choke. If it runs flawless, run whatever you are going to carry for SD through it to make sure it runs perfect. If it does, great.

G & A just did a 10 gun, sub compact, single stack 9mm shoot out. The Taurus 708 slim (?) ran perfect. 1 of only 3 that did so.

Guns & Ammo's Single Stack 9mm Shootout - Guns & Ammo

Thanks Bigtanker for posting that link!!! I thoroughly enjoyed it!! I was surprised that the Taurus 709 slim did so well, but good for Taurus!!!

Top Bottom