• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    There's some errors in the chart. For example, under "mental health" North Carolina gets a green (strengthens gun owners rights) for "Requires submission of mental health records to National Instant Criminal Background Check System." but New Jersey gets an orange "removes gun owners rights" for "Requires the submission of certain mental health records to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System." :dunno:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    There's some errors in the chart. For example, under "mental health" North Carolina gets a green (strengthens gun owners rights) for "Requires submission of mental health records to National Instant Criminal Background Check System." but New Jersey gets an orange "removes gun owners rights" for "Requires the submission of certain mental health records to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System." :dunno:
    Yeah, the choice of green/red is subjective.
    Is this pro/anti gun: "Prohibits convicted felons from possessing ammunition."??

Also, didn't hunting with silencers get passed in this time frame? Perhaps that's considered a hunting law, not gun control.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I was cross-referencing the laws with guys who love to play "gotcha game" on youtube...

remember this one (Maine)?

[video=youtube;jfdEbe7e9GE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfdEbe7e9GE[/video]

Well, now Maine: Makes it a crime to possess firearms in public and refuse to provide information at the request of law enforcement officers.

At 600K views, I have a hard time not thinking this vid was shown to many a legislator.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I was cross-referencing the laws with guys who love to play "gotcha game" on youtube...

remember this one (Maine)?

At 600K views, I have a hard time not thinking this vid was shown to many a legislator.

I'm very pro-OC, but the guy in this video is just trolling cops. Trolling cops is not helpful and wastes everyone's time. I'd rather have our guys out doing police work than dealing with this sort of foolishness.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well, now Maine: Makes it a crime to possess firearms in public and refuse to provide information at the request of law enforcement officers.

Looks like it was vetoed, but your point is well taken. Trolls rarely think out the consequences of their actions and operate in a vacuum.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Guys like that bug me. Sure, he was in the right but he was a bit uncouth.

Back to the OP..... good info, though somewhat surprising coming from the NYT.

Top Bottom