• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sfrye5853

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just acquired a new Glock 19 (my first Glock) with standard sights. I took it to the range and shot two magazines from 5 yards and each shot hit about two inches low of where I was aiming. I then tried my Ruger SR9c from the same distance with the same sight hold and I was consistently hitting where I was aiming. My dad did the same thing and experienced the same two inches low. Has anyone else experienced a Go ck s shooting low? Any thoughts on what I can do about it?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    People tend to look at sights differently but Glocks usually shoot point of aim for most people. Taller rear sight will solve the problem.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Different pistols, different holds, different ammunition all play a role in hitting the target, if I aim center and hit at 7-8 o'clock, I will hold 1-2 o'clock next shot to see if it hits the center.
    Outside the range, I want to be able to pull it, aim and shoot it and stop the threat.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    People tend to look at sights differently but Glocks usually shoot point of aim for most people. Taller rear sight will solve the problem.

This. I shot NHT3's Glock with aftermarket sights about 1" high/left at 7y shooting either left or right handed, he shot it dead center. I see his sights differently. If both you *and* your dad had the same POA/POI shift, though it's likely more along Steel Core's post

Different pistols, different holds, different ammunition all play a role in hitting the target

Bullet weight matters. I *think* the new 9mm Glocks are sighted with the expectation of 147gr ammo, but I could be wrong. I know mine is more "top of the front sight" then "drive the dot" even with 147gr. If you were driving the dot, that would also contribute to low shot placement.

So you can try other ammo, try another sight picture, or install other sights. Dawson Precision will work with you to mate up a rear and front for about any change in impact you would want.

Top Bottom