NEW GLOCK 19 GEN 4+WAL-MART AMMO= PROBLEMS???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    I have been thinking about buying a NEW Glock 19 gen4.
    I recall the gen 4 having trouble with brass to face with low price, low power ammo. Is this still a problem after 4 years?
    I will be using only Wal-mart low price 115 grain ball ammo as I don't reload.
    Please let me know what experances you have had with this combo.
    Thanks, JT

Last edited:

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I have never had an issue with any ammo in any of my Gen3 or Gen4 Glocks including steel cased ammo. I dont shoot steel case very often, but i got some really cheap and it ran fine.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Was not an ammo issue. They had extractor issues early on. Problem solved. Buy with confidence. Glocks eat anything as far as ammo is concerned.

Buy decent brass cased ammo and you will be fine. You can always sell the empty brass for some return. Stay away from the really cheap stuff.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    If there were any one gun in the world to have the fewest problems with cheap brass ammo...it's probably a Gen 4 Glock 19.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I've got a G19-4 and it eats everything and anything. The only ammo it didn't like was Gold dot 124 in one mag and only the first round from the mag.
    I have zero problems with brass to the face. I get a good side ejection on all brass.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I've got a G19-4 and it eats everything and anything. The only ammo it didn't like was Gold dot 124 in one mag and only the first round from the mag.
    I have zero problems with brass to the face. I get a good side ejection on all brass.

Same here with my 19.4 except no problems with gold dot as I haven't ran that. I run HSTs. Got about 350 trouble free rds so far. And no brass to face. Now my 34.4 had some BTF in the first 150rds but it has cleared up since putting more rds through it.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I have a Gen 4 G26. It eats anything I put in it so far. I have used Winchester, Remington, Freedom Munitions Reloads, American Eagle...they have all worked.

This is only a sample of 1 (all my other Glocks are Gen 3's), but it seems to be running good so far. I believe the problems were early in the Gen 4 production and have, for the most part, been worked through now days.

I would just check to make sure the gun is recent production and not old production that has been sitting on the shelf for a long time. Unlikely given the sales climent in the past few years. But I guess it's theoretically possible.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    I really want someone to explain to me why/how guns and ammo sold at Wal-Mart is of any lesser quality than those bought anywhere else. It's not like the manufacturers have one line set up for your LGS and another for Wal-Mart.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Brass to face was most certainly NOT an ammo issue, it's a glock issue.

I ran into it when I jumped on the early glock 19 mos bandwagon. Constantly being pelted. Was told it was my grip, etc...

Sent it in, they replaced instead of fixing it, and by replaced, I mean entire new glock 19 mos.

No brass to face now, so far.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I really want someone to explain to me why/how guns and ammo sold at Wal-Mart is of any lesser quality than those bought anywhere else. It's not like the manufacturers have one line set up for your LGS and another for Wal-Mart.
    I can remember people saying that about 10/22s here, several years ago, that Ruger made a special extra cheapened version just for Walmart.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I wouldn't go out of my way to borrow trouble JT.. To my knowledge the issue has been solved. Personally I would love to have one of the "offenders" to play with for a little while because I want to see exactly what the issue is. I'm confident I could get it running but curious as to what is actually happening. If anyone has one causing problems let me know..
    I'm told that someone that should know Wal-Mart's ammo is from a different lot than the normal WWB. What the difference is seems a mystery and I've not personally had any problems with WWB from Wal-Mart having shot several thousand rounds of if.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Certified Glock & M&P armorer
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]IF you look at the flag and say “this ain’t my flag and Donald Trump ain’t my President” Obviously this AIN’T your country[/FONT]

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    From what I understand, the brass to the face issue they were having has been solved.
    If you get a NEW one from a local shop that is new production, you should not have any issues.
    Run whatever kind of ammo you want through it. Glocks are not picky.
    I've run just about every kind of 9mm imaginable through my gen2 and gen3 19's over the years.
    I had a Gen4 for a little while and sold it because I prefer the Gen3 frame, but it ate everything too.
    No worries!
    Run it hard, run it often :rockwoot:

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Agreed - I always buy WWB for 9/45 -- there's no white labelled Great Value brand ammo!

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Makes me want to go out and buy the first one! :)
    Glocks work.
    I bought my mother an old worn out 17 that runs perfect.she can't pull the slide back but she has no problem pulling the trigger. She is hard on silloutes and 17 rds.
    I picked up a 21 for me to go with my 19.
    Ugly as guns get.

Top Bottom