• ...and so much more!
  • Indhawkeye

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2018
    Zionsville
    Anybody seen or handled this new Beretta Tomcat X-30 in .32 ACP? Or have some opinions on it? Looks pretty nice to me. Introduced at 2024 SHOT Show. $599 MSRP. Ideal pocket carry. 8+1. Flip up barrel. Never have to rack the slide. DA on first then SA.
    Thanks for your thoughts (besides on the lack of stopping power…I’m well aware it’s no 9mm or even .380. Lmao.)

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Don't have the X30 but have a 3032 Tomcat and I run the Underwood +P Extreme Defenders in it and I can guarantee I would not want to be shot by those. I have no issues carrying it when needed.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Interesting. Twice the weight, width, and cost of my Keltec P32. And it has a shorter barrel. It looks like it has actually sights on it, though. But that may just be overkill for a belly gun. Color me not impressed.

Indhawkeye

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2018
    Zionsville
    Interesting. Twice the weight, width, and cost of my Keltec P32. And it has a shorter barrel. It looks like it has actually sights on it, though. But that may just be overkill for a belly gun. Color me not impressed.
    Thanks. I’ll take a look at that P32 as well. Much appreciated.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I've had my Keltec P32 for 20+ years. My SD ammo of choice is Fiocchi 73gr FMJ. After more than 1000 rounds, this little gem of a gun has fed and fired every round I put through it. Last year, I bought 2 new magazines for it. The original 2 magazines, which I leave loaded ALWAYS, still function just fine.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Sootch has a decent review on YT of it. Looks nice, but I don't think I could spend that much on a .32

I too am a fan of my KelTec p32. I've had mine for 18 years and it still runs like a champ. It's the gun I carry when I'm not carrying...

It's obviously not a range toy, but it isn't really unpleasant to shoot. Big reason why I opted for it over the .380 one extra round and much easier to hold onto with it being so small.

Don't get me wrong, that Beretta is very nice and I'm sure has a much better fit and finish, it's just more than I'd personally spend for the role it fills.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    At only 6oz unloaded, and only $300, I considered carrying 2 of them, instead of a spare mag. There is a YT video of a guy who carries 4.

goob469

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Don't have the X30 but have a 3032 Tomcat and I run the Underwood +P Extreme Defenders in it and I can guarantee I would not want to be shot by those. I have no issues carrying it when needed.
    63PGP - I too have the 3032. I have always ran Winchester Sliver Tips through mine. The manual suggested this and all the literature at the time stated the Tomcat was built around the that round. I don't carry it much anymore so, I haven't really keep up with "modern" .32 acp ammo. Have you had any issues with the Underwood... Does it feed ok?

Last edited:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I looked at the .32 Tomcat tonight at work, typical Beretta, great quality, but pretty pricey, I have 2 p32’s and will have them forever, if the money were there I might buy a Tomcat, I like the flip up barrel.. JMHO

Top Bottom